Friday, January 11, 2008

Click Click

So I have two pretty major addictions. Actually, three. Shopping. Internet. Magazines. Not necessarily in that order, but all three play a pretty major role in my everyday. Quite often I like to combine two of them at a time...shopping online, shopping for magazines, reading about magazines online. And now I can read a magazine about shopping online! Cleo have put out an extension title (one off? periodical?) called Cleo click! If I'm going to be honest, I'm not a huge Cleo girl. Once upon a time I was an avid reader, but these days it isn't relevant to me anymore. When I think of a Cleo reader I imagine hot young things in mini dresses with spray on tans, partying all night and carrying their high heels home at 4am, a time when I am usually asleep. But when this landed on my desk* I was most impressed. Of all the cover lines, only one made me cringe (Gisele-ify your life online), but I guess that was because the cover model is a very gorgeous Gisele, so they are excused.

I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable online shopper and I was blown away by the amount of sites this title has covered. It details everything you would ever want to buy online, plus everything you need to know and (in theory) all the sites are legit so you won't be getting ripped off and having your credit card details and identity stolen. How traumatising.

The most valuable thing in the magazine (in my opinion) is the instructions for ordering online from the States and having it sent to a special US post box which then forwards your parcel on to your home address in Aus. Hello Sephora! I have been looking into this for some time because Sephora don't post internationally, so this was perfect (and well timed, because I have just run out of some things).

You don't need to read the 'how to look like a celebrity' articles, but I truly recommend this mag as a reference guide to buying online, particularly for the holy trinity of fashion, accessories and beauty. I have a feeling that I am going to have a lot more to write about (and a lot more credit card debt) when I am through with all the things I post-it flagged in here.

Price: $7.95
From: Newsagents
Why you need it: So you can experience the joy of shopping online! Pick something out, fire up your card and sit by your mail-box.

*In the interest of full disclosure, I work for the magazine company that publishes Cleo, but I don't have anything to do with that title beyond knowing a couple of the staff members.

1 comment:

xenien_x said...

Hey,

I did manage to locate it, in a Balmain newsagency last Friday...UK mags are much slower to ship for some reason. Newsagent's shelves seem to be groaning under the weight of every latest US, French and German mag.

Oh yes the sacrifices we make...

Btw...did you go to James Ruse Agricultural High? Because someone with your exact name was in my year...

xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails