Thursday, July 30, 2009

The good oil

I don't know about you, but I get pretty dehydrated skin. It's particularly bad in winter thanks to the dodgy weather, but sitting under an air-con vent in an office all day every day certainly doesn't do me any favours. There is of course a difference between dry and dehydrated skin. You probably already know that, right? The former is internal (your skin doesn't produce enough oil - you need more) and the latter is external (winter wind, sitting in air-con all day, not drinking enough h20 - solution is a good dose of warragamba white). So really, the solutions to each of these problems is different. In fact, as different as oil and water! Zing! Clever.

So, even though I just said you need water for dehydrated skin, I have fallen in love with Neutrogena Body Oil (which locks in moisture, which is ace). I'll be honest...I tried it because it smelt good. Or rather, my flatmate was sent a sample of it when it launched and she just smelt so tasty that I went and bought some (take note Neutrogena; your seeding campaign resulted in at least one sale). It might be a body oil but it's just so gosh-darn light that it doesn't feel heavy and gluggy like some body oils do. I was always strictly a sorbolene girl but I really enjoy the light sesame fragrance and the resulting softness. That said, it isn't suitable for the hardcore dehydration of winter, but it's perfect for spring and summer (which, thankfully, is just around the corner*)

Anyway, I picked up a bottle on sale today at Priceline (score) so thought it was a good time to share.

Price: on sale for $10.39
From: Exclusively stocked in Priceline in Australia
Why you need it: For delicious, soft skin that smells great


*not really, but we can hope, right?

Picture credit: neutrogena.com

2 comments:

eskimojo said...

Am having a slightly unpleasant moment right now imagining you smelling your flatmate...

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

She smells good! haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails