Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stuff that's making me really happy right now

Lots of things make me happy…sunshine, good food, pilates…but buying shit makes me happy too. Let's focus on that.

Red lips - I am head over heels in lust with my MAC red lippie - it's Cruella DeVil Heartless from last years Disney Villains collection. See photographic evidence here or just try to catch me in person. I have been wearing it with a lip liner by Om She that matches it perfectly (the shade is Jasper and costs $12 for anyone playing along at home)

New shoes - Oooooh definitely an indulgent purchase, but I wear flats most days so I figure the cost per wear will make these Marc by Marc Jacobs Logo Plaque Ballets Flats worthwhile. So in love with these pebbled and patent leather babies. I bought them from Shopbop and I was fortunate enough to have a $100 voucher so in the end realistically they only set me back $100 (wow! look at her with the justifications!) I will wear them every day. Except when it rains. Note to self: buy Scotchgard this weekend.

New outfits - Specifically, the outfit I have to wear to my friends wedding in a few weeks - a divine pair of Alina Van camel suede heels and an olive Wayne by Wayne Cooper dress. Pictures to come, but suffice to say I'm excited, and praying for a warm night.

Glowing skin -  I got given Jemma Kidd Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer (fancy way of saying illuminator) as a gift from someone who obviously knows me better than they might think. I am obsessed, and wear it almost every day. It's really runny and doesn't stay in the tube very well, but I don't mind that I have to wipe it off the end of the tube every morning - it's so worth it. I remember my very first illuminator from Red Earth about 10 years ago and this smells exactly like that one did (cucumbers), so I feel a little nostalgic every morning when I wipe it on.

New hair - I got a haircut from Andrew at People - this kid knows his shit! One of the best haircuts I have had in ages. Also one of the priciest, but that's Sydney I guess.

Cute prods - Take a look at the new Australis Paparazzi Perfect eyeshadow quads - how darn cute are they?! Rhetorical. I know how darn cute they are. So cute I don't want to use them, but I will anyway.

The fine print…
MAC lipstick - $37 - probably ebay at this stage, since it's sold out on counters
Marc by Marc Jacobs flats - $206.23 ($US195) - Shopbop
Jemma Kidd Illuminator - $35.95 - Kit Cosmetics
People hairdressing - $95 - Shop 4/91-93 Macleay St Potts Point, Sydney
Australis Paparazzi Perfect eyeshadow quads - $15.95 - Priceline, KMart, Target

The Australis eyeshadow was offered to Stuff That I Bought for consideration
.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails