Monday, March 7, 2011

Why Lindt Gold Bunnies are the devils work - by Harvey Birdman

Hey, it’s Harvey Birdman here. Elise has gone away for a few days so I thought I would hijack her blog and complain about her behind her back. God she’s annoying. She talks to me like I’m stupid or something and then sticks her hand into the cage when I’m trying to have private time. So inconsiderate.

Anyway, with the shelves full of chocolate eggs already, I have to say that Easter is my least favourite holiday for one reason. Lindt bunnies. I don’t eat chocolate myself, I’m watching my waistline, but Elise loves them. LOVES. She should maybe not eat so many, but that's just my opinion. That's not the reason I hate Easter and Lindt bunnies so much though - it's the little bells around the necks of the bunnies that really boil my blood. I hate them. My cage is full of them. I ring them, chew the ribbon and do my best to pull them down. When I finally pull one down, Elise puts another one up. It’s relentless. She thinks she is being really cute and funny, but I just want to bite her finger.

I suggested she perhaps buy something else from the Lindt Easter range this year like the little Bugs & Bees pouch bag with the hazelnut chocolates ($5.99) or the mini bunnies without the bells in the slide box ($14.99). But no. Damn bitch is hoeing into the bunnies already like she'll never get to eat another one ever again, and I can see the pile of bells on the counter. Easter is still two months away. For the love of my sanity, if you see her, please tell her to stop!

Lindt Bunnies
Price: $5.50 for 100g milk, dark or white bunny
From: The supermarket
Why you need them: It's not Easter without them!!

Before you go calling the RSPCA on me - Harvey is actually very well loved and cared for. He might not admit it, but he really does like the bells. As an aside, Lindt sent me a gold bunny a couple of weeks ago. I ate it and the bell is ready to go into his cage. Mummy loves you, baby.
.

6 comments:

Ronald said...

Hey Harvey what's up my man. I have more secrets to share, catch you soon. Ron Ron

Nikki @ Styling You said...

Oh, Harvey is too cute. We inherited my nan and pop's budgie, Bazza, when they moved into a nursing home a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps, I'll have to buy a bunny ... you know, just so he can have the bell.

Emma said...

Sorry Harvey, I'm an enabler.

"Damn bitch is hoeing into the bunnies already like she'll never get to eat another one ever again"

LOL.

Senhor Roo said...

I'd love to see Lindt move into the Easter chocolate cuttlefish bone market.

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

There's definitely a market there Rui, as long as there is a bell attached ;)

Harvey thanks you for your very kind comments, and he misses you too Ron Ron. I may even let him blog again one day.

Eleanor said...

After reading this I had to go and buy a gold bunny. Purely so I can put the bell on my boyfriends birds cage, clearly.. Nothing to do with the chocolate.

Related Posts with Thumbnails