Monday, February 28, 2011

Stuff That I Bought does Birdsnest

If you have been reading this site for any length of time you would know I’m marginally addicted to online shopping. That said, I have had some bad experiences recently with things coming in at the wrong size, wrong shape, fitting wrong or just looking…well…wrong.

I have talked about Australian site Birdsnest before and how awesome they are, so I decided to put the Birdsnest girls to the test. Goodness knows I’m not the most fashionable model on the catwalk, so I enlisted their help to dress me for autumn. They have a fab function on their website where you can shop for your body shape, and as someone with a slightly unusual body shape (5’2” and, um, curvaceous) not everything looks good on me, so any and all guidance is appreciated. Not only are clothes categorised by body type, but they actually style complete looks for you to shop from because they have full time stylists on staff. Genius. It's like fashion for dummies.

They have an incredible all-female team who pick the seasons items, style all the shoots and add a handwritten note into every parcel. Jane, the head bird, started Birdsnest because she is passionate about making women feel good about themselves, and it really shows. I spoke to their stylist Peige and, based on my body shape and a few ‘I like this, I don’t like this’, she sent me a pile of clothes that would be shape and style appropriate. You know what? She nailed it all. All of it. What do you think?



Are you an online shopper? Does the idea of shopping by body shape with fully styled outfits appeal? (this is rhetorical, I know the answer is yes.) I will totally be shopping from Birdsnest in future - they stock a lot of my favourite brands like Staple the Label, Ben Sherman, Blue Juice, Mink Pink, Sass and Wish, and they show me how to wear them.

As an aside, and in the interest of transparency, Birdsnest are letting me keep something from this little experiment. What do you think I should keep? (I guarantee I'll buy most of it anyway.) I'm massively obsessed with the Sass Grace Army Jacket ($109.95), Mink Pink Long Distance Maxi ($59.95) and Therapy Duke boots ($59.95).


Check out Birdsnest.com.au for more autumn fashion inspiration. 

Also, the track used in my clip is Won't Go Quietly by Example. Check out Example's facebook page or you can get his new album on iTunes. 
.

11 comments:

Shay said...

You look AMAZING! And Elise, you never told me you could MODEL like that?! :D

LOVE this article, I think it's one of your best yet. Love the addition of video so so much you well dressed sexy spunk rat. : )

I'm voting for the boots, btw.

Emma said...

Very cute and fun! I love the pretty dress with the first jacket you had on.

BushBelles said...

Great clip, loved it. I too love Birdsnest and am so lucky to only live about 45 mins away from the store. I never leave the store without a purchase.
Bushbellesxo

frockandrollonline.com said...

WHAT A MODEL!

Loving the video Elise and LOVING the Birdsnest concept - terrific stuff! :)

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

You guys are all too cute, thank you for your very kind words. I'm sure Ford Models will be beating down my door any day ;)

You are very lucky you live so close BushBelles! I would probably never leave if I had access to the store. Although that could really be dangerous - I'm on the website enough as it is.

Unknown said...

Keep the boots! :-)

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I'm wearing the boots and the green maxi today!

belinka said...

I hate shopping and am pretty hopeless at finding matching things because of it, I don't mind online shopping but always afraid it won't fit right so I've been waiting for this kind of online store that puts whole outfits together!! And it's Australian!? Will check it out now.. : )

MsCritique.com said...

This still makes me giggle in delight. It's so refreshing to see a blogger not taking this blogging caper so seriously. Jumping onto Birdsnest right now to give my cc a serious workout.

Love ya work.
x

p.s You'll have to show me how to do that shoulder shimmy!

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

Great post Elise, all of your outfits look amazing and you are very entertaining ;) I've not heard of Birdsnest but I'm intriguied and going to check them out xo

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

You had a great time with this!!! And you are darling!!! How fun. :D I love all the outfits, boots too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails