Friday, February 11, 2011

New yumminess from outer space

Who doesn't love a Mars Bar? (I'm sure there are people who don't, but I silently judge them.) That said, I can't say I was overly enthused when I saw the new Mars Caramel on the shelf. Actually, I was just confused - doesn't a Mars Bar have caramel in it already? What's so different about the Mars Caramel? Does it come from different cows? (caramel comes from cows, right?) Is it made by different oompa-loompas at the Mars factory?

Perplexed, I bought one anyway. I almost bought a regular bar to compare the two, but figured that would require too many extra minutes on the treadmill.

It was good, don't get me wrong. In fact it was real good. The caramel was softer and runnier than a regular Mars Bar, but if you leave a regular Mars Bar in a warm room then the caramel goes soft anyway. So…

…yeah. It just saves some time really. By the way - it's just caramel, no nougat. Duh. But can you ever really taste the nougat anyway? The caramel is always the star.

Price: $1.62
From: Coles
Why you need it: To help you work, rest and play, or so I'm led to believe
.

7 comments:

Babs said...

Does it still have nougat in it?? It just looks like caramel on caramel (which isn't exactly a bad thing!).

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Yeah, no nougat (I added that into the post). Which is totally cool, cos nougat is usualyl just a waste of space anyway. The caramel is the real star of the show.

Lau said...

I have a super sweet tooth but I gotta admit I find mars bars a tad too sweet. That said I am intrigued to try one that's just caramel and chocolate...

Emma said...

I had one of these for the first time the other day - I loved it! I mean I like normal Mars bars but for some reason these are better.

I have far too much of a sweet tooth sometimes it's scary ..

♡Missy♡ said...

I so want to try this Mars bar!!

I am currently on a diet, so I can't partake in the pleasure... Boo Hoo. Maybe I'll buy one now anyway, and just drool over it for a few months until I am done with my diet!

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Good luck with the diet Missy! These are definitely *not* diet friendly haha

Anonymous said...

I bought 4 new Mars Bars for me and my grand children, we were off to a show. All the Mars bars melted and the caramel stuck to the paper. They tasted great but very hard to get off the paper. I will stick to the "old" Mars bars.

Related Posts with Thumbnails