Monday, February 7, 2011

Urban Outfitters - the good, the bad and the WTF was I thinking?!

It’s kind of disturbing how much I have bought from Urban Outfitters over the last 4 months. Not all of it was for me (there were, like, two Christmas presents in there) but there were a lot of parcels arriving on my desk. I hate to say this, but not all of it was good. Some of it was bad. In fact, some of it was downright ugly and I have to wonder if I was shopping drunk (it happens sometimes - I know you can relate).

Let me give you a quick peek into some of the stuff that I bought.

The Good
1 - Ecote starburst sandals – $38 – Worn them to death
2 - UO Rhinestone mesh necklace – $34 – Cute, right?
3 - Lomography diana+ mini camera – $39.99 (although now 34.99) – My first lomography camera and I love it! So much fun shooting on film.
4 - Truly Madly Deeply Leopard Cross Dolman Tee – $38 – This shirt is insanely comfortable and I wear it all the time.
5 - Urban Renewal Leather Turban headwrap – $4.99 – Mine is red, not blue, but it’s still just as pretty.

The Bad
1 - Lomography fisheye – $48 – This was a Christmas gift and the flash was broken. Awkward.
2 - Circa 78 wildflower necklace – $17.99 – I love this and I wear it all the time, but it was broken when it arrived and I had to dig out the old jewellery pliers and find a jump ring to repair it. 
3 - Silence and Noise raw silk tee – $54 – I have bought tonnes of Silence and Noise stuff before and it always fits the same, but this has an odd fit and sits really funny. Shame, because the print is gorgeous.
4 - Ecote twist sandal in silver – $14.99 – The sole on the left foot snapped the second time I wore them and it’s now held together with superglue PLUS the toe line sits funny and gives the most godawful blisters.

The Ugly
1 - BB Dakota slouch ankle pant – $26.99 – These look NOTHING like they do in the picture. They are baggy with a really low crotch and seem five sizes too big. Ugh. Such a shame.
2 - BDG Cricket sweatshirt dress – $48 – I wish I looked like the model.
3 - Silence & Noise Multi Chard Print Dress – $39.99 – Drunk shopping?

Hit up Urban Outfitters while the exchange rate is still good!
Pics graciously stolen from the UO website
.

6 comments:

Dana Fernie said...

I love this post. Unfortunately, we all seem to have shopping experiences like this... i LOVE Urban Outfitters though. Too bad we dont have the stores here, the ones in USA are amazing!!

P.s. i love the 'drunk shopping' comment.

xx

Lau said...

I agree that clothes shopping online is very much hit-and-miss. I bought two vintage repro dresses online, measured myself as per their instructions and neither of them fit! One is too small and the other is too big. Go figure.

Emma said...

oh yeah I've been there. Since I bought my first home I don't have as many drunk shopping moments as I used to due to having less spending money but have still had a few impulse shopping moments that didn't work out ...

I love the urban outfitters website and their stuff looks great but haven't given them a go yet. Funnily enough have looked at their cameras so might look at the one in your 'good' list.

Megan Aney said...

Umm i like that ugly print dress?? haha sell it to me

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I will admit that I have worn the ugly print dress once and it wasn't toooooo bad, but it doesn't look anything like it does on the model.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in the poor online shopping choices. Maybe we need a support group!

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

I love the rhinestone necklace, very cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails