Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oh Barbie, you visual learning tool and eastern suburbs wannabe!

In the course of writing this blog, that other one, and the freelance bits I also do, sometimes lovely brands send me products that they think I might like to write about. Occasionally they send a little treat with it too - not exactly ipads and designer handbags, but something little to demonstrate a point - think minties accompanying mint flavoured lip gloss or fairy floss for a lipstick called Fairy Floss.

Sometimes though, they send a visual aid for learning purposes, and yesterday was one of those days.

I laughed out loud, a lot, when I pulled this baby from LeTan out of the mail bag. How many times have you seen some poor girl wandering around your local Westfield rocking the Eagle - brown body, white head. This Barbie looks like she's straight out of Sydney's eastern suburbs, with her LBD and her awkward lean. LOVE.


She sends a serious message though - body tan should always match your face. I will admit that when I do get around to faking it, I use three different tanners - one for legs, one for torso and one for face (my bathroom cupboard is packed tight). The skin on your face is different to your body though, so you need a different formula - duh. I can't tell you about the LeTan product that came with Barbie just yet (it's out October) but if you're going to tan, then get a specific face tanner. I'm going to keep Barbie on my desk as a reminder.
.

2 comments:

miss chew said...

That's hilarious! I cringe when I see girls with the pale face...

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I usually just want to take to them with some bronzer and a hug.

Related Posts with Thumbnails