Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ice cream!! Ice creeeaaam!!

Oh. My. Gosh. You guys, I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am that Ben & Jerry's is in Australia. If you have ever been to America, you might have been fortunate enough to sample their wares. Awesome flavours like Chunky Monkey, Phish Food and Cherry Garcia; B&J is all about big, fat chunks of flavour swirled through super-creamy ice cream. Ridiculous. Take Phish Food for example - chocolate ice cream with gooey marshmallow, caramel swirl and little fudgey fishies all in one scoop.

So, I admit, I didn't technically buy anything to warrant this post; Ben & Jerry's were wonderful enough to come to my place of employment today and do a free sampling. But the strawberry cheesecake ice cream I had with chunks of strawberry and big hunks of graham cracker base swirled through it was just so gosh darn good that I needed to share the wealth (but not the ice cream. I don't share that).

Ben & Jerry pints and mini-tubs will be available in selected delicatessans in Sydney and Melbourne, and the very first Australian scoop store with all 18 flavours is on the South Steyne at Manly. So if you're not in Sydney or Melbourne...sucks to be you.

Price: $11.95 for the tubs (not sure about the scoop prices - if someone can confirm for me, that would be great)
From: Ben & Jerry's - Shops 5&6, 25-27 South Steyne, Manly. Hopefully they will put a list of stockists on their website
Why you need it: It is seriously amazing ice cream. Just seriously.

PS - keep an eye on their website because they will be doing free scoops on their grand opening day!!

Picture credit: maneatfood.com (a really hilarious food blog which I <3)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails