Friday, August 14, 2009

Om nom nom...Big Bite

This is just a quickie, but I ate a sandwich the size of my head yesterday. Actually, I ate half a sandwich and my friend ate the other half. It was a MONSTER. Have you heard of Big Bite? It's an incredible sandwich shop tucked away on Pitt St that makes enormous sandwiches and then wraps them up in half a roll of tin foil. You need two hands to carry it! Ridiculous.

As you can imagine, there is always a queue but you never have to wait more than 5 minutes. Which, quite frankly, is a pretty darn good deal when you consider the size of the sarnie! There are all the usual fillings - grilled chicken (lemon pepper = good), chicken schnitzel, lamb, roast beef and of course lettuce, tomato, avocado, mayo etc etc. and the bread is FRESH - soft and squishy with a slight crust...drool. They also do soup and give you half a loaf to go with it (not literally half a loaf, but it's a lot of bread).

I really should have stuck my hand in the photo so you could see the scale, but I promise you that even with two hands I struggled to pick up my end of the sandwich (which was the left side, just in case you are interested).

Price: $8.50
From: Big Bite on Pitt - 250 Pitt St Sydney
Why you need it: For two days worth of lunch. Eat one half, wrap up the other half, whack it in the office fridge and enjoy again tomorrow!

Picture credit: my Nokia E71 and elite photography skills

1 comment:

eskimojo said...

That's so weird, my boss was telling me about this place just this morning. Will have to try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails