Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Muzak - Ruth Sinclair

I love a bit of new music. There's a buzz with discovering some cool artist or band and downloading the album, and that first listen on the bus the next morning. Then there is that one song off the album that stands out to you and you flog it on your ipod, hitting repeat repeat repeat repeat. Yeah. When I like an album I really like it.

My sister turned me on to Ruth Sinclair and her EP Control. She is an indie artist from Sydney. Ruth has a really soulful Jessica Simpson style voice - kind of R&B yet pop. Very groovy, very fun and the power ballads are pow-er-ful. My favourite track off the EP is My Reality which is sugary and soulful love ballad, but I also have a soft spot for Ridiculous Love because it has an ass-shaking beat and, well, I like to shake my ass. Ruth has been on high rotation for a couple of months now and will probably be in my playlist for a couple more. Her power ballads always suit my mood when I go running in the early morning, and one of the most important things about running is the music you are listening to. I always imagine I'm in a video clip, running through the morning mist with the sun creeping through the trees. As she hits the high notes you run that little bit faster, throw your arms out and look to the sun. So romantic. Hmm...maybe I have said too much.

Price: $10.14
From: iTunes
Why you need it: Good tunes are the soundtrack to a good life. Or something. I like it and I think you will too.

Picture credit: tunescore.net/music/ruth_sinclair

1 comment:

Shaybear said...

Damn, I can't access this from any of my torrent sites. :|

Related Posts with Thumbnails