Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The sexiest deodorant ever

I was standing in the bathroom yesterday morning getting ready for work and all of a sudden I could smell it. The sweet, sweet smell of Abercrombie & Fitch. It’s a very distinctive smell and if you have never visited an A&F store this might not mean much to you. Ohhh but if you have...oh my. I was suddenly transported to a world of dim lights, dark hardwood, expensive clothes and good looking people.

Funnily enough, the smell wasn’t from overpriced A&F cologne or perfume, but from the new Garnier Minerals deodorant. I know! Crazy, right?! My armpits smelt like an A&F store. I picked up the deodorant because I was curious about the whole mineral deodorant thing and whether it would be better/worse/no different to my regular anti-perspirant. The active ingredient is something called mineralite (aka perlite) which, as I understand it, locks in four times its volume in water and is five times more absorbent than talc. So it’s a big moisture sucker. Probably a good quality for a deodorant.

Not sure how I feel about the 48 hour claim, because that seems kind of unnatural to me, but I highly doubt any deodorant would work for 48 hours solid. I can confidently say though that after 15 hours my pits are still in pretty good nick because I did a sniff test and they passed. The things I do for you.

There are six types – ultra-dry, extra care, sensitive, fresh, silky and anti-white marks. I went anti-white marks and can confirm there was a distinct lack of white marks on my clothing. Big tick. I can’t promise it will smell like A&F for you (probably something to do with the chemistry of my skin, and how ridiculously good-looking I am) but I can promise it smells good and keeps you dry and not stinky. That’s all you can ask in a deodorant.

Price: $4.25 roll on (50mL) or $5.45 spray (150mL)
From: the supermarket
Why you need it: Stay dry, free of white marks, smelling good, looking good, feeling good

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must comment and challenge your 'i doubt any deodorant can last 48hrs'.
Rexona Clinical Protection. The stuff is PSYCHO. You literally have to lather up your hands in the shower and scratch/scrape it off with your nails. If you don't do that, it'll stay on you for days (and you will have ZERO B.O!) - bad but good!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's Shasta btw...

Caity said...

Oooh this looks tempting! However...

...I second the above wholeheartedly! Sadly I sweat profusely throughout the year; though not so badly (ie. sweaty hands and so on) that I could consider botox in the armpits or whatever horror solutions are recommended.

Rexona Clinical protection is the ONLY deodorant I have found which genuinely keeps my tops smelling fresh, and for me, also seems to stop sweating.

Admittedly it is pricey at $12-$13, but to not feel icky after a long day is priceless; subsequently I'm addicted.

Love the blog!

x Caity

Jadegrrrl said...

ended up buying this yesterday and it held up today pretty damn good at the event even though I was all hot/nervous/sweaty lol :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails