Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas checklist - baubles

While I can't tell you about every single pressie I have been buying, I can tell you what I have been doing to get my house all festive-y and stuff. Did I tell you I'm doing dinner for 7 people on Boxing Day? Yea, that's kind of daunting. And when I say kind of, I actually mean oh my goodness!! I have never hosted a proper Christmas meal before so I'm starting to panic already and I still have 2 weeks to go. It's doing wonders for my blood pressure.

Anyway, I'm all about classing up the joint with some tasteful baubles. I always go with a colour theme. Last year was purple, year before was pink, this year was supposed to be lime green, but I lucked out at Target - obviously everyone else had the same idea as me. So blue and silver it is. Not that I'm complaining, because they look fab. I don't know about you, but I find regular old red, green and gold quite...blah. Cliche? Perhaps. Definitely not my taste. Maybe it's because they are such rich and deep colours, while Christmas in Australia is all about blue skies and bright sun, and everything is seasonally topsy-turvy. I can never bring myself to send a Christmas card with a snow scene on it.

I have little clusters of baubles hanging around the place, sitting in urns and vases and generally adding a touch of sparkle. Subtle; but definitely more me. Plus they are versatile enough that when I need the vases for flowers, I just tip them into a salad bowl and I'm being all artistic. Clever me. How do you jazz your joint up?

Price: $6.99 for a box of 18
From: Target
Why you need it: Shiny balls > tinsel in the decorating stakes - they leave less mess!

Picture credit: Polaroided by Poladroid.com

3 comments:

eskimojo said...

I'm considering decorations along the line of "The Grinch" considering the amount of enthusiasm for Christmas from the boy =\

As far as themes go, I like the look of a bottle green + silver.

Hampers said...

Nice blog. Like your Christmas Checklist. The ear rings on your blog looks so cute.

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I like bottle green and silver too. Silver keeps it fresh, while gold is a bit too traditional for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails