Friday, February 5, 2010

Christina Hendricks and I have a lot of common:

  • The 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in LA
    In her day job, she plays someone who works at an ad agency. My research goes to ad agencies.
  • She’s not a natural red head. I’m not a natural red head.
  • She has big boobs. I have big boobs.
  • She won a Screen Actors Guild Award. I liked looking at the pictures from the Screen Actors Guild awards.
See? So much in common we could be twins. Which is why I wanted to try and replicate her stunning make up from said SAG awards.

She did tremendous golden brown smoky eye with a natural flush and nude lips to go with that incredible red one-shouldered dress she wore. I’m not sure what products she used, but I’m fairly sure it wasn’t what I used! Here’s the tools from my attempt:
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On eye pencil in zero to rim the inside of the eyes and create a shadow at the outer corner.
  • Estee Lauder eye shadow in Bronze (which I’m not sure is still available? I remember it being from a collection a couple of years ago and, dammit, the label has rubbed off)
  • Benefit Limited Edition Velvet Eyeshadow in Nice Melons for the inside corners and over the bronze to tone it down and give it more shimmer.
  • Rimmel Glam Eyes mascara in Midnight Black
  • Becca Cheek Crème in Tuberose
  • Benefit Sugarbomb for a gentle flush and sheen (and this isn’t on shelves yet! I’ll post on it again soon)
  • SLA Corrective Perfection concealer on my lips
  • Benefit Her Glossiness in You Didn’t Hear It From Me on lips
Quite the tool kit. What do you think? Not quite a dead ringer – maybe cousins rather than sisters. The lips look far more neutral in person - they didn't photograph very well. Also, my picture looks kinda like a mugshot (shoddy hair, vacant expression), so don't hold it against me.

FYI - The Benefit Limited Edition eyeshadows have just hit Benefit counters and are, as the name suggests, only around for a limited time. There are 6 colours in the range (lily pink, golden turquoise, golden sienna, orchid silk, iced mint and papaya pearl) and they are lovely and, er, velvety. $34. Get on it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails