Monday, February 8, 2010

The one in which I post an embarrassing photo

Here’s a dilly of a pickle for you – mid last year I made the commitment to myself that I was going to start getting regular facials to really start looking after my skin. Cut to 6 months later where my new commitment is to start saving money. Budgets need to be re-evaluated and priorities sorted. My solution is DIY facials and now I have to find exactly the right one for my skin.

In the quest for glory I went to SK-II, as their Facial Treatment Mask has cult status amongst celebrities and Japanese brides alike (mainly for the brightening properties – those ladies like to glow!). Each cotton mask comes in an individual foil sachet and has been soaked in 30ml of the magical ingredient Pitera. The mask has 12 different cuts so that it can mould perfectly to your face for maximum coverage (see how awesome I look?!).

You only need to wear the mask for 10-15 minutes to get the benefits, and you can pat any leftover residue into your face so you don’t miss out on anything. Bonus: if you put the mask in the fridge for 10 minutes first, it feels ridiculously refreshing in balmy summer weather. Double bonus: This is especially good for dealing with the day after your birthday dinner.

As with trying anything on your skin for the first time, go for a single serve first before you buy the whole tub. I also have an SK-II Skin Signature 3-D Refining Mask to try, which I will post about soon and then make my call as to which will be my flavour of choice.

Price: $28 or $140 for a 6-pack (quicker and cheaper than a salon facial, but it doesn't come with a massage)
From: SK-II counters
Why you need it: Pitera doesn’t discriminate – it’s good for all skin types.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails