Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter my darlings!

Yum! Any holiday that encourages you to eat copious amounts of sweet treats is definitely going to be a favourite in Casa de Stuff. Saying I have a sweet tooth is like saying Justin Beiber is moderately popular with the female 10-16 demo.

A couple of weeks ago Lindt sent me a box of Hot Cross Bun Macarons and before I even had the chance to photograph them the box was pillaged (see left).

Holy frick on a stick they are GOOD. I'm not normally a macaron fan, but the mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and buttery white chocolate ganache was just too heady to resist. If Lindt were trying to recreate the amazing taste of butter melting onto a fresh hot cross bun (funnily enough, they were) then they succeeded.

So after the first box got nailed, I went back and bought more. Not just for me (okay, some were for me) but they made excellent gifts too. Come to think of it, I probably should have told you about them earlier so you could have bought a box to take over to your Aunty's place today to reaffirm your place in the family as everyone's favourite. Sorry. Next time, I promise!

Lindt Hot Cross Bun Macaron Delice
Price: $17 for a box of 6
From: Lindt stores, cafes and kiosks
Why you need a box: Better than a regular hot cross bun - no annoying bits of sultana stuck in your teeth!

5 comments:

April @ Composed by April said...

Damn Damn Damn, I was in Lindt yesterday and didn't see these. Maybe it was for the best...

Narelle Phillips said...

Happy easter, thats exactly why I didn't buy you any sweet treats for easter.

Unknown said...

They sure do look heavenly!!!!! I loveeee macaroons!!! Happy Easter!! <3

MsCritique.com said...

You know I love a macaron. Happy Easter to you Gorgeous Girl. xx

Emma said...

How cute, I've never seen these, just as well prob as I ate too many sweets already.

Hope your Easter went well :):)

Related Posts with Thumbnails