Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hot tip. An actual hot tip.

Word to the wise, if you enjoy an unpleasant burning sensation on your skin then I have found the perfect face mask for you. It's also ideal if you like to subject yourself to unnecessary tingling and itching.

I picked up the Formula 10.0.6 No Time To Shine Oil Absorbing Mud Mask because my skin has been a total pain in the ass recently, getting all oily and icky with the change of season. Mud masks are amazing for drawing out excess oil and calming cranky skin - ingredients like calendula, sea kelp and kaolin clay filled me with confidence. My high expectations were shattered about 2 minutes after I applied the mask and my skin started to burn. This wasn't the good kind of tingle you get when a mask is doing its business, oh no, this was a full on burn. Burn! I took the mask off straight away and thankfully there was no damage, but it was a total beast to get off.

Has anyone used this mask before? Did you find it burned or was it just my skin?

Formula 10.0.6 No Time To Shine Oil Absorbing Mud Mask
Price: $1.99 for the 9.4mL sachet or $8.99 for the 100mL tube
From: Priceline
Why you need it: It might work for you, but all I got was a sore face and a few anxious minutes.
.

6 comments:

eskimojo said...

I've used the Deep Down Detox mud mask and had the same experience - burny ouchieness.

It's weird, I remember their stuff being awesome when I was a teen... is it that they've got new formulas or that I'm more discerning now?

Ally. said...

I havn't used this particular one, but I've tried the one in the orange tube, and any other kind of kaolin clay mask leaves my skin tingling in a way that doesn't feel quite right.

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I would like to say we have got more discerning, but I don't remember anything ever being this ouchy before, so they must have changed the formula.
What other kaolin masks have you tried Ally? Must add them to my black list.

theloveofpink said...

I love these mud masks - but I use the orange and pink ones. I can't remember the names of them but they are delicious. This green one DID give me too much of a tingle to be pleasant - more of a burning feeling, actually. I get a little tingle from the pink and orange ones but it's fine after a few minutes. And I have sensitive skin! x

Amy said...

Haven't tried this particular one, but use the orange one sometime..

It burns/tingles sometimes.. but just feels like its working other times. It may just have something to do with the sensitivity/condition of skin at the time..

Unknown said...

I have the pink one and it is beyond painful, especially around my nose :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails