Friday, April 22, 2011

Pew Pew! The two week mark of my laser journey

For anyone who is interested in my laser hair removal journey, I thought I would give you a quick update on the progress of my pubes (I do apologise, I just couldn't resist the alliteration).

It has been two weeks now and as expected almost all the hair has fallen out. The hair on my bikini line fell out pretty easily, possibly because I have been waxing that area for years and the follicles are a little looser (much like Kesha after she has been brushing her teeth with Jack). I did encourage some of the hairs out by gently plucking with my fingers, but just the simple act of wearing things like tights or tight jeans helped to move them along.

My underarms were a different story, probably because after all these years I had never done more than shave so the laser was a shock to the system. At the two week mark there is still some hair that refuses to budge, even after lots of encouragement and shower scrubs. My beauty therapist said I can only shave once between appointments, so I'm pretty glad we're well into Autumn now. Seriously, Autumn/Winter is the best time for laser because you're all covered up for those awkward shedding and growing out phases.

My next appointment is in three weeks, so I'll let you know how I get on. Don't forget that if you visit Leah’s Waxworks in the Mid City Centre and mention Stuff That I Bought, you’ll get $10 off any treatment valued over $50. The deal is valid until September 1st, 2011, so plenty of time to do a full course of laser and be smooth for summer.
.

2 comments:

somekindofwonderful said...

Happy Easter!

I'm so puzzled by all the different laser choices. I'm getting one using a diode laser and they said shave as much as you want to, exfoliate.

Yet a girlfriend going somewhere else got told no exfoliation and don't shave!

Too many lasers!

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Happy Easter to you too!

I don't totally understand all the different types of laser, but the one I am getting is Candela GentleLASE. The girls advised me not to wax or pluck at all and that I could only shave once between treatments so I don't disrupt the laser 'doing its thing'. I think it's so you don't accidentally stimulate the hair follicle and bring it back to life, although I could have totally just made that up. I'm good at that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails