Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Joico vs Mother Nature - this time the hair prodz win!


- by Shay

I don’t know about all of you guys, but I am so happy that the warmer weather is now behind us. Living on the East Coast of Australia means I was hit with the full-force of the Queensland Summer including but not limited to, extreme humidity, stifling heat and torrential rain. This was compounded by semi-regular beach and pool visits, with salt and chlorine also making an appearance to wreak just a little more havoc on my poor locks.

All of these things don’t add up to picture-perfect hair. In fact, they caused a minor disaster to take place on my head. I was in struggle town from late October right through to early March, fighting with a frizzy, unruly, damaged and generally lifeless mop.

I thought my annual war against the weather would play out the way it always does – I get angry, frustrated, sad and ultimately resign myself to having crap hair for an entire season. I resort to throwing it into pony-tails and trying to hide it at every opportunity…hello cowboy hat!

That was until I was sent a tube of Joico KPak Sun Therapy Treatment Masque.

It contains the miracle ingredient known as ‘Hydroxy Sun Complex™’ which apparently fills holes burned into the cuticle of the hair by the sun. They’ve also used universal wonder-ingredient Aloe Vera to heal and soothe the hair shaft. All I know is the first time I used it my hair practically let out an audible sigh of relief.

The masque has left my hair feeling soft, supple and nourished each time I’ve used it, although it’s important not to overdo it, especially if your hair has a tendency to develop oily roots like mine. I have been using it once per week, that is once every two washes, and I find it’s been working beautifully.

Hair needs to be damp to receive the full benefits, and it’s recommended you leave it in for at least 3 minutes. I generally throw it in after shampooing and conditioning my hair, and then complete all of my other varied shower tasks (like shaving, exfoliating, singing badly etc) while it’s working its magic.

Can I also just mention that it smells freaking amazing? I tend to judge most products on their scent (or lack thereof) and this one is definitely a winner. I get strong coconut and pineapple, so Summery – so yummy! I also find that the scent sticks around for a good amount of time afterwards, and I’ve been complimented on my lovely smelling head quite a number of times after using it. (Elise: I’m telling you, boys like nice smelling hair!)

I find it to be generally quite economical compared to other lines on the market. It sits right in the middle in terms of price, and I don’t need to use a huge amount of product with each application.

I’m not sure if this stuff is only designed to treat hair damage caused by the sun, but it has done a pretty great job at combating every other environmental factor my hair has come up against this past season. Now to tackle the hair challenges that Winter brings…

Joico KPak Sun Therapy Treatment Masque
Price: $26.95
From: Joico is a salon brand, so check your local salon or call 1300 764 437
Why you need it: To counteract all that damage you did during summer.

Picture credit: Courtesy of Joico -
This product was sent to Stuff That I Bought for consideration - for more details see the Product Disclosure Statement 
.

2 comments:

Sher said...

Shay - I love that Moroccain oil cream you sent me. I'm dying to try the masque but I cant justify paying $49 for it at the moment :(
This stuff sounds amazing!!
I love smelly stuff too but sometimes I find the cheap and nasty stuff has amazing smells - misleading.

stephanie said...

Have you tried Australian brand Original & Mineral's treatment mask Seven Day Miracle? It leaves my hair silky soft afterwards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails