Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More lazy holiday grooming

As if I can be bothered with makeup on a beach holiday. I'm not even going to take my foundation with me. It's going to be fresh face, bright lippie and bronzer. Namely MAC Skinsheen Bronzer Stick in Tan-Tint (from the upcoming Surf Baby collection - so friggin cool!) and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in bronze. As an aside, friends had been telling me for years about how great Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks were and it was always on my 'I'll get there eventually' list. I was given one when I went to a Bobbi Brown makeup workshop a few months ago and HOLY SHIT I regret not buying it five years ago. Amazing. Such a beautiful fine shimmer, and really flattering. You only need a tiny bit so the cost per use is ridonkulously low - maybe 0.02c per use*


The two lippies I am taking are MAC Venomous Villains Cruella DeVil Heartless (which I have romanticised about before - best red I own) and Estee Lauder Fuschia Fever which a - lasts for about 11.5 hours without having to reapply b - smells amazing (am I the only one who sniffs their lipstick?) and c - is the most incredible pop of colour. I'll team these with Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara because it makes my lashes F.A.T (but for night time only, as the mascara isn't sweatproof.) 


And just on lazy holiday grooming regimes - dry shampoo. End of story. I might not take both of these giants cans, but at least one of them is coming with me, plus a mini batiste for the beach bag. Have you used either Tresemme Freshstart or Evo Water Killer before? Which would you pick? Do you think I'm crazy? I kind of you, so I don't mind if you do too.


*totally made up estimation, which may or may not be right.

10 comments:

MsCritique.com said...

Girlfriend, you're going to take out the award for the best-looking-beauty -blogger-on-the-beach. Dont suppose you'll be rocking the coconut bikini and lei combo too?

Caus if you are, you wouldn't be doing your job, if we didn't get photos...or you randomly bump into Kelly Slater sans top. Also photo-worthy.

Have a wonderful time Possum. Safe travels. xx

Hair Romance said...

Agree, the award is yours. Plus bonus points for super smart make up bag packing.

Take the Evo, I'm less of a fan of the Tresemme.

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Thanks girls!! Would you believe I still have more stuff to load into the bag...probably another post tomorrow.

And noted on the Evo - always good to get the opinion of a hair expert!

Emma said...

Have fun you lucky duck! Hope to see some pics when you get back :)

An Obsession With The Fabulous said...

Have the best time Elise! Make sure you shop up a storm! What's the Tan Tint bronzer stick like? I just ordered it online yesterday through the US MAC site. How on earth do you have it already you lucky duck?!

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

It's beautiful Angie!! Glides on smoothly with lots of colour, so you only need a tiny bit. It was a leaving gift from my job courtesy of an old friend I used to work with...friends in high places ;)

eskimojo said...

LOVE the Shimmer Brick, but found it came up quite shiny in some photos on the weekend. Must remember to go matte when the cameras are coming out!

Shay said...

I too have meant to have procured a Shimmer Brick by now! Damn my having umpteen bronzers, how can I justify the purchase?!

I am loving that EL mascara, seriously good - like throw away all of my others - good.

Also, heading into MAC for a free lippy (returning empty packaging) soon, and I want a fuchsia! Any recommendations? : )

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Jo - less is more if you're going to be photographed while wearing Shimmer Brick. Been there, made that mistake.

Shay - Off the top of my head, go straight for Full Fuschia. There is a magenta/purple in the new Surf Baby collection, but it isn't opaque. Full Fuschia would be your best starting point. Or head to Estee instead ;)

Lau@Corridor Kitchen said...

You and I must live on different planets, my friend. In my world, 'no make up' does not include red lipstick and bronzer.

So I'll be reading you from now on to figure out where I'm going wrong. Clearly, everywhere...

And I just re-read that and it sounds really sarcastic but I'm not kidding!

Related Posts with Thumbnails