Monday, May 9, 2011

Stay off the blacklist with Blacklist

Now that my sister's birthday is over and presents have been delivered I can show you what I bought her.

I came across Blacklist Studio Prints via the lovely Justine Cullen's tumblr Mumming In Heels (definitely excellent and highly amusing, fyi) and I have been obsessing over the beautiful and whimsical prints ever since. Fate - my sister recently moved into her own apartment and needed something for the walls. A house never feels like a home until there is something on the walls, don't you agree? Anyway, the print I originally wanted sold out before I could nab it (limited edition gold foil You Are My Sunshine) so I picked out my second favourite, Look At You, and hauled ass to Ikea to buy the frame. Ah Ikea, my love affair with you will never die.

Don't you think it's cute? I love it and was inches away from keeping it myself and giving my sister some soap instead (Sister of the Year right here) but I did the right thing. Lucky.

I also bought her a caramel and vanilla Glasshouse Candle from Peter Alexander. I had it sitting in my room for about a week before I gave it to her - even wrapped up in the box, it was throwing its sweet and tasty scent my way. No wonder I have had a hardcore craving for caramel slice.


Naturally, I can't go shopping without picking up a little sumpin sumpin for myself. While I was in Peter Alexander I grabbed quite possibly the cutest little hot water bottle you ever did see. It has been keeping my tootsies warm in bed this past week while the weather has been heinous. Probably the best $20 I'll spend all winter.

Blacklist Studio Prints - Look At You
Price: $49.95 + $10 for shipping
From: Blacklist Studio Prints

Ribba Frame - 42 x 52cm
Price: $29.95
From: Ikea

Glasshouse Candle - Tahaa
Price: $34.95
From: Peter Alexander

Owl hot water bottle
Price: $19.90
From: Peter Alexander
.

5 comments:

Sher said...

I love that print!

I'm after some of those ballet slippers with jewels on the toes from PA! So gorgeous!

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

How cute are those little slippers with the jewels on the toes?! Love. I very nearly bought the long socks with the soles and the fluffy lining, but restrained myself because I'll be in America in 2 weeks, which = Victoria's Secret!

theloveofpink said...

If you're ever looking for a stand-in sister, just sayin'... I'm your girl. Aren't you thoughtful?! x

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Aww bless, you could be my sister anyday!!

Shaybear said...

LOVE those hotty bottles, I saw them the other day and had to restrain myself!
Thinking I'll get one this pay anyway. They're just too cute to go past!

Related Posts with Thumbnails