Friday, September 24, 2010

Sweet Tarts, Ring Pops, got that candy bling - thanks Mariah!

Embarrassing confession time: one of my all time favourite songs is Fantasy by Mariah Carey. It reminds me of a really good time in my life, it’s a fun song and whenever I hear it I can picture the video clip with her rollerblading along in little short shorts.

You may have figured out by now that I have a total sweet tooth, so when Mariah’s three new Lollipop Bling fragrances landed on my desk I was on them with the kind of voracity I usually reserve for a bag of Party Mix. Sugary-sweet candy perfumes make me happy. It’s a simple pleasure and not necessarily the most sophisticated of fragrances, but they are fun to wear and they make me feel good. That’s what beauty products are all about, right?

Honey (yellow bottle) is a bright and sunny daytime fragrance with a mix of honey, pineapple and freesia. Freesia is one of my all time favourite flowers and perfume ingredients, and it blends perfectly with the sweetness of pineapple. Yum!

Mine again (red bottle) has chocolate and raspberry top notes and a subtle middle note of magnolia. I think it’s the most ‘adult’ of the three and would be appropriate to wear out at night.

Ribbon (blue and pink bottle) is the most candy of all of the fragrances, with the sugary scent of blue raspberry and a hint of floral. This one is (apparently) based on the blue ring pop that Nick Cannon proposed to Miss Mariah with. How romantic!

All three of the bottles have Mariah’s signature butterfly on the top, and the boxes are covered in holographic candy, butterflies and swirls. I love that Mariah doesn’t ever want to grow up – as long as she keeps producing confectionary fragrances and bubble-gum pop tunes, then I’ll keep lapping them up.

Price: $49
From: Myer, Perfume Connection
Why you need them: To sweeten up your day

These products were offered to me for consideration

.

3 comments:

eskimojo said...

Love me some Mariah. Dreamlover's still one of my favourite songs of all time.

I'm going to be all over the raspberry one. Sounds awesome.

Emma said...

I love sweet perfumes actually, probably the sweet tooth thing.

haha at Maria, I always sing along to her Christmas song when it's played, even though it's annoying, it's somehow chirpy and cute at the same time.

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

YES! Mariah's Christmas CD is probably the greatest holiday album of. all. time. It's not Christmas if it's not playing.

And you will love the raspberry one Jo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails