Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tiptoe through the tulips with Portmans

Have you been into a Portmans store recently? Amazing. Sydney just got a big new Portmans in Pitt Street Mall (which I think might be a flagship) and it is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. The racks are overflowing with sugary sweet floral confections for summer, and the store is full of lovely vignettes that inspire (me to open my wallet). Pop over to Sassybella and check out the campaign imagery for the Spring campaign – sad that an illustration is way hotter than I will ever be. 

I haven’t been a floral dress wearer since I was about 12, but after the success (read: compliment magnet) of my orange Urban Outfitters dress, I was ready to take that plunge again (twice – I’ll tell you about the dress I got for my engagement party soon).

I went out on a limb and bought a white dress with pink and purple-y grey flowers. White means I need to be fairly vigilant with my fake tan, but I have a cupboard full of new tans that I’m trying out at the moment. Or, will try out when I get the motivation. Are you a floral girl? Have you been into a new-look Portmans yet? Are you looking forward to fake tan season?

Price: $99.95
From: Portmans
Why you need to check out their stores: It's like running through a field of poppies!

Picture credit: portmans.com.au

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a really pretty dress, love the colours.

Portmans has seriously improved with age, gives Review a run for their money when it comes to inexpensive quality feminine pieces

Can't wait to read about your engagement dress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails