Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Testing out TheO at Atlantis

I went and saw my amazing hairdresser a couple of weeks ago (Jade at Atlantis in Paddington) and she totally worked a miracle on my sad, depressed hair. I had been trying to grow my mop for some time and it just didn’t seem to be going anywhere except skankytown – the perils of balayage and not looking after the blonde bits properly. Jade did a cracker job of cleaning up the length, giving me body and movement, and repairing a terrible hack job someone else had done on my fringe (as an aside, it’s always embarrassing when you have to get a genius to fix someone else’s bad handiwork).

While I was there, Jade also did my hair using TheO, Cloud Nine’s amazing new toy. I didn’t quite know what to expect, but when Jade pulled out TheO I was a little confused. It looked like a plastic wine bottle chiller, only shorter. And then there were the big velcro rollers. Did people really use big velcro rollers anymore? Apparently so.

So you pop a special roller into the wine cooler, leave it for 30 seconds and then it beeps at you to tell you it’s done. By done, I mean the roller is not hot yet but it will be. You roll the roller into your hair and, instead of starting out hot and cooling like a normal roller, it actually gets hotter as it’s in your hair. And then it cools again obviously. This whole process takes about 10-15 minutes.

Now because my hair is just past my shoulders and these are FAT rollers, I didn’t get curls but I did get rich woman body and bounce. There was more movement, height and width than I have ever gotten from a blow dry. Even the best blowdry couldn’t get results like this. And my hair stayed inflated all day and well into the night, and still had some life the next day too. If you’re into rich woman hair, you need to get one of these OR go to a salon and get someone to do it for you (like I will be doing again for my engagement party).

Price: Blow dry’s and styles range from $39-$85 – check their website
From: Atlantis Hair - 2 Regent St Paddington
Why you need to go to Atlantis: The whole team are lovely and they really know their craft. Plus they are hilarious!

Now I know it doesn't make much sense for me to write a post about my hair and not actually post a picture of my hair. I know. But the pictures were taken on my old phone and do you think I can find them anywhere? Of course not. So while you wait for me to go to my next appointment, you can occupy yourselves by visiting Ms. Critique and checking out her experience with TheO.

Picture credit: theobycloudninehair.com


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the whole post waiting for a photo ! Haha.

I'll be waiting for one of your engagment party :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails