Thursday, September 1, 2011

How to: Stop your armpits smelling (hint: laser)

A friend of mine asked me the other day if I was still having my laser treatment because I hadn't written about it in ages. I am, but the hair came back so slowly that i didn't need my next treatment for 8 weeks! Pretty sweet, right?

The hair that did grow back (eventually) was very fine and sparse - kind of like when you first get hair under your arms when you're 12 or whatever. The kind of hair that meant I could still wear a singlet to pilates and not be self-conscious because it wasn't really noticeable.

I had my fourth treatment yesterday and, even though I sharply inhaled, cringed, and moaned like a little b!tch, it didn't actually hurt. Michaela, the goddess at Leah's Mid-City Centre who is doing my treatments, was like 'why are you whinging, it doesn't hurt' and she was right. I guess when someone is pointing a laser at your tender bits, your default reaction is to pull faces and cringe, yes?
I have no idea who to give credit to for this image, but it's amusing
I have said it before and I'll say it again (because I like the sound of my own voice) - laser is the best thing I have ever done. Well, top 10. Okay, best hair removal thing I have done, and I wish I had done it a whole lot sooner. Get on it now so that once summer rolls around you can chuck your razor out.

Fun fact - I find my underarms don't stink as much when I sweat because there's no hair for the bacteria to cling to. Next time we hang out, I'll let you evaluate that one out for yourself.

Candela GentleLASE laser hair removal
Price: $70 for Brazilian and underarm
From: Leah’s Waxworks – level 1 Mid City Centre
Why you need it: No hair, no stink, always bikini ready.

I was a guest of Leah's Waxworks

3 comments:

luvrin said...

I remeber a few years back getting IPL done on my underarms and it hurt like a b**tch!! And then I got pregnant and they refused to treat me, even though I only had 2 treatlents left. Grrrrr! 3 years later my armpits look the same, but slightly sparse. Are laser and IPL different? I kinda like the sound of it being painfree... And it's only $70 for both underarm and Brazilian? Years back I was paying $75 for underarms alone!

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Laser and IPL are different, but I'm probably not the best person to explain it because I don't quite understand the scientific differences. It has to do with the strength of the light and the way the light is emitted.
Candela Laser is very affordable now, especially at places like Leah's Waxworks (although you're still likely to pay double that at some snooty medi-spa in the eastern suburbs)

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

I'm so tempted to start getting laser hair removal. I just can't be bothered with waxing anymore. Glad to hear it's been successful for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails