Monday, September 19, 2011

Revlon are actually pretty good. Who knew?!


I know Revlon is a huge mega big deal global brand, but I have to admit I have never really worn their makeup. I have dozens of bottles of their nail polish, but beyond a few limited edition eye shadows from a couple of years ago, my repertoire is slightly lacking in Revlon.

When the good kids from Revlon asked me if I was keen for a makeover to try their new Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup foundation, I wasn't going to say no. I love any chance to try a new product, and who doesn't love having their makeup done (especially since they also offered to take me to dinner at a nice restaurant, and I had to look hot for that).



Chanel, the counter manager at the Myer Pitt St store, is one of the greatest humans ever. She talked me through the range (7 foundations shades - medium coverage) and gave me perfectly glowing skin, natural eyes and a glossy pout that was perfect for all my meetings that day, and then for dinner that night. We talked about fingers vs sponges vs brushes for foundation application, and she said brushes for an airbrushed look and fingers for an everyday creamy complexion - this is what I do, so I feel validated.


Now I know this is about the new foundation, and I did love that, but I was most impressed by the Aqua Finishing Powder she used to set my foundation and fight afternoon oiliness. I'm not normally a powder person, but this powder is incredible. It actually feels cool and wet when it's applied, and It has coconut water in it, so it's hydrating and it doesn't dry cakey at all. I'm kind of obsessed with coconut water, so this just justifies my obsession (although I usually prefer imbibing it, as opposed to wearing it).


I definitely think you should pop down to your local Revlon counter or jump into Priceline to check out the new Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup foundation AND the Aqua Finishing Powder. Both are lovely and light, so will be perfect for wearing in spring and summer (PS the foundation has an SPF of 20 - double win).

Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup
Price: $39.95
From: Myer, DJs, Priceline

Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Finishing Powder
Price: $34.95
From: Myer, DJs, Priceline

I just had to add this in because it's pretty - so many colours!

This experience was offered to Stuff That I Bought for editorial consideration - for more details, see our disclosure policy
.

2 comments:

Kirby said...

Hey Elise, when you said 'foundation for airbrushed look and fingers for everyday', did you mean sponges or brush for the airbrushed look? x

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Good catch - I meant brushes. I shouldn't blog late at night!

Related Posts with Thumbnails