Thursday, September 1, 2011

I love spring, but...

The start of September signifies many things. In magazine land, it means 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty and Vogue Fashion's Night Out. On the charity front it's Liptember, which means lip gloss for a cause (gender specific mental health issues for women, but more on this later). It also means Spring.

Inspired by my own status update on Facebook today (gosh how vain does that sound) I wanted to celebrate this change of season and all the joy that it brings.

Nicked from Moonjazz on Flickr
Love spring, hate hayfever
Love spring, hate spiders
Love spring, hate magpies swooping (shout out to Andrea)
Love spring, hate the fact my favourite flowers are now out of season (poppies, just in case you want to buy me one last bunch)
Love spring, hate having to whip out the fake tan
Love spring, hate leg hair removal
Love spring, hate people loading up their gardens with blood and bone
Love spring, hate that everyone who drives down my street blatantly ignores the turn no right sign and turns right into the Coles carpark. The sign is there for a reason!!**

Honestly, I love the warmer weather and the fact I can wear thongs again, but spring and I don't always get along. What do you love to hate about spring?

**obviously not spring related, but it really pisses me off

5 comments:

Gillian said...

Eugggggh magpies. I only manage to force myself to run outside in spring/summer and I live in fear of being swooped and looking like a fool as I try to save myself!

Joey said...

It's funny how this has turned into a discussion about IPL and laser but I thought I'd put in my two cents worth.

I have skin that tans very easily and blond hair (which has gone slightly darker on my legs due to shaving). I noticed great results after only 2 treatments of IPL and am continuing to have it.

My understanding is that laser is a lower frequency of light, which works best on people with dark hair and pale skin. It is ineffective on people like me. I personally didn't find IPL very painful but people with thicker, coarser hair might find it more painful. It certainly beats waxing and shaving and saves you a lot of time and money in the long run.

Bree @ The Blog Stylist said...

I LOVE that spring is the start of warmer weather! Absolutely love hot days! Happy spring!

eskimojo said...

Dearest Leecie - as a fellow lifelong hayfever sufferer I feel your pain, and am astounded that it took until two months ago for me to learn that the efficacy of antihistimines is best when you take them 24 hours *before* you encounter the irritant!

So scoffing down a Clarytine once you've already got the sneezes/runny eyes is way less effective than a pre-emtive strike. As such, keep an eye out on the weather and load up if it looks like it's going to be windy the next day.

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Very wise words Jo, this season means having antihistamines on standby at all times. Stupid spring breeze.

Related Posts with Thumbnails