Monday, September 26, 2011

The "Stuff That I Bought Lindt Dark Caramel Brownie Recipe" Post

I created my own brownie recipe from scratch. True story. I love baking and brownies are kind of definitely my specialty. So I decided to create the Stuff That I Bought Lindt Dark Caramel Brownie recipe. I actually filmed a video to show you the recipe in action, but a TV chef I am not, so a regular old post will have to do.

The stuff you need to buy aka ingredients:
  • 125g butter, chopped
  • 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
  • 150g Lindt Noir Caramel chocolate, chopped
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup plain flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
    The things you need to do aka instructions:

    1. Pop the oven on to 180°C or 160°C for fan-forced. Grease an 18 x 28cm cake tin with some soft butter or margarine. Most people like to line the base of the pan with non-stick baking paper, but I actually prefer not to, as I find the edges crisp up better without it.
    2. Put the butter, brown sugar and chocolate in a large saucepan and stir over low-medium heat until they look like a big brown liquidy mess (i.e. well combined).
    3. Remove pan from heat. Take a sneaky lick of the wooden spoon. Beat in the eggs using aforementioned wooden spoon.
    4. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
    5. Sneak another mouthful of batter and start to get really hungry. Pour the mix into the tin and bake for 35-40 minutes. Stare at the oven impatiently while your house smells amazing. 


    These brownies are amazing on the second day once they have properly cooled and gone a bit chewy. Unfortunately it's pretty unusual for them to actually make it to the second day - straight from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a little slice of heaven. Or a big slice, if you're being greedy.

    If you try this recipe, please let me know how you go. You can probably substitute the Lindt Caramel for just about any good quality milk or dark chocolate - I'm keen to try Chilli and Orange next.

    What's your kitchen specialty? 
    .

    5 comments:

    Andi said...

    Shez and Guy will benefit from this on Saturday...

    Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

    Awesome! Let me know what they think

    Lavender said...

    mmm.. will have to try this! They look great! You should become a chef! ahaha. :)

    xo Lavender xo
    www.livelifemagically.blogspot.com

    P.S I started blogging again! Finally! :P

    Life etc... said...

    I made this recipe the other day and these brownies are so delicious! Similar to my normal recipe, although in mine I mix through the chocolate (and use more of it!) at the end, just before popping it into the tin. That way you get melty chocolate bits all through the brownies =)

    http://blogretailtherapy.blogspot.com/

    Anonymous said...

    I was home sick the other day and Man about the House made this for me and it was DELICIOUS! Perfect on its own, but out of this world with fresh strawberries and cream.

    Related Posts with Thumbnails