Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Opinion: Mens razors are better than womens razors

After a lengthy membership on Team Epilation, I'm temporarily back on Team Shaving and I have to say…women's razors suck. Like, big time sucky mcsuck-suck. Perhaps they're too busy trying to make them pink and add in stupid creamy shaving bars (which just get in the way, FYI) to actually think about the quality of the razor. Geez, lift your game, shaver brands!

Meanwhile, I was sent a parcel of Gillette Fusion ProGlide products for my dude reviewer to play with, but since he was overseas at the time, Fiance and I decided we might like to play with them ourselves. The Fusion ProGlide Power razor is battery powered so that it vibrates as you use it (there's also a non-vibey razor called Manual). Fiance didn't like it at all - he said it felt like he didn't have any control over the razor because of the vibrations, and it irritated his sensitive skin. I, on the other hand, loved it. Still love it, since I use it once or twice a week. I quite like the gentle vibrations, and the 5 blades gives a really close shave without any sort of irritation or rash. Plus, those women's brands could learn a thing or two from the little lubricating strip that quite amply does the job without getting in the way.

Pictured: Intense Cooling Balm and Fusion ProGlide Power Razor
 We also played with a bunch of the Gillette Fusion products and I found a new favourite - the shaving gel. Fiance prefers shaving foam (he has an unnatural attachment to Nivea Shaving Foam, which I really don't like) but even he admitted the shaving gel was good. I, on the other hand, re-purchased when it ran out. Dedication to the (smooth leg) cause.

The other product Fiance really liked was the Intense Cooling Balm, which I didn't try, for obvious reasons. He doesn't normally use an aftershave lotion, but he said he enjoyed using it because it made him feel manly (I feel like I'm going to cop a beating for writing this). To be fair, he also said it was refreshing and soothing. And he doesn't like using grooming products, so this is a huge compliment.

The details:
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power - $16.99
Gillette Series Intense Cooling Lotion - $11.99
Fusion HydraGel - $7.34
From: Priceline, Coles, Woolies etc
Why you need it: For a smooth, easy shave

These products were offered to Stuff That I Bought for editorial consideration - for more details, see our disclosure policy
.

3 comments:

Babs said...

Agreed - men's razors sh*t all over the women's ones. I've been using the Schick Xtreme 3 disposables for years - and I haven't once been mistaken for a gorilla.

Babs said...

Did I just use unnecessary apostrophes in that last comment? Never been quite sure about that one...

Anonymous said...

Speaking of your dude reviewer, where has he been? I've missed his wit, his style, his wordy-nimbleness, his insightful views, his savoir-faire, his je ne sais quoi. Bring him back, pretty please??

Related Posts with Thumbnails