Friday, October 21, 2011

You SPF your face - do you SPF your body?

Do we need to do the SPF lecture again? You know you're supposed to wear it. I know I'm supposed to wear it. SPF SPF blah blah blah (and I don't say this to trivialise wearing sunscreen because it's Really Serious Business, but we have all heard it before).

While I'm diligent with it on my face every day, I have to admit that I get a bit lax on the arms and chest. Now that the sun is coming out and I'm no longer hiding under layers of leather and fur, it's time to change my habits.


Vaseline sent me their new Total Moisture Aloe Fresh SPF 15 Daily Light Lotion a few weeks ago, but before I could even try it out it went walkabout from my beauty cupboard. I'm not going to point fingers here *cough* but I hope the new owner is enjoying it.

I went and bought some anyway. No excuses for not wearing SPF though when it's less than $8 for 200ml. That's, like, the price of coffee and cake. Ridonkulous. Plus it's Vaseline, so you know it's good juice. It's lovely and hydrating, spreads easily, and smells really good (the smell of aloe always reminds me of Hawaii). Get a pump bottle for the bathroom and smaller bottles for the car and your desk. That's what I did.

Price: $7.68/200ml - $11.59/375ml - $16.31/750ml
From: Priceline
Why you need it: The easiest way to stop age spots and wrinkles on your boobies
.

4 comments:

Babs said...

Does it feel like sunscreen or more like a moisturiser? I'm the pastiest of them all but I hate that gluggy sunscreeny feeling so often end up wearing long sleeves in summer :-/

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

It has that slight thickness to it like sunscreen, but it feels like a moisturiser and it sinks in straight away like a moisturiser. No white sheen here!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely need to try this one out! Check out my blog when you have time :D thank you x
http://liveeachmomentlikeyourlastx.blogspot.com/

Shay said...

I have been using Nivea Sun Moisturising Sunscreen lotion, and it sounds like this is really similar.

I love that with my Nivea, it sinks in straight away and doesn't have that God-awful sunscreeny-chemically-poolside-smell. It also doesn't leave any white streaks, and my skin feels dry to the touch after a few seconds - unlike sticky regular sunscreen.

I think these companies are onto a winner - moisturising SPF for class president!

Related Posts with Thumbnails