Sunday, October 30, 2011

This Week I...

…realised I hadn't done a This Week I… post for a while
…had my fifth session of laser hair removal at Leah's Wax Works. The hair had barely grown back from the last session, save for a sparse amount under my arms. I have three more sessions to go, but I honestly doubt I will need them all. If you haven't considered laser yet, I implore you to. I won't need to shave under my arms at all this summer, and this makes me happy. 
…had to mow the lawn and trim the hedges of the lady garden before aforementioned laser appointment. I gave the Gillette Venus and Olay Bikini Trimmer Kit ($19.99 from the supermarket) a whirl and was really impressed by the trimmer. And although the razor is surrounded by one of those annoying hydrating bars that I love so much, it felt really nice on my legs because legs are flat and easier to shave, unlike trying to shave the crease of a bikini line with an inch wide razor/hydrating bar combo. The added bonus of the Olay moisturiser certainly went down a treat - no razor bumps.
hydrated the heck out of my hair using Wella Enrich Mask for Fine/Normal hair ($25 for a 150ml tub from the salon). My hair is in terrible condition right now because I am well overdue for a cut, but I have managed to hold off for another week or two by loading up on hydration. I was just sent the new Pantene Clinicare Split End Fuser, so I'm hoping they will reverse some of my immense damage.
…remembered why I love Pineapple Freddo Frogs so much. Twin pack goodness FTW!
...did my roots using Schwarzkopf Live Salon Permanent ($15.99 from the supermarket). The colour is fantastic and it was easy to use, and it would get five stars if it came with proper gloves instead of those giant plastic bag gloves instead.
…saw In Time. Let's be honest, the main drawcard was Justin Timberlake. And while this movie isn't going to be winning any awards any time soon, it was entertaining. Justin is hot as hell, and Amanda Seyfried is hypnotising, with her cat-like eyes under her heavy fringe. I will admit I spent a fair chunk of the movie wondering how on earth she (and her stunt double) managed to run so quickly in 10" stilettos without breaking an ankle. My movie companions weren't overly impressed (they're hard to please), but it's good light entertainment. Just don't think too hard about the fact Olivia Wilde played Justin's mother. Final word: go on tight-ass Tuesday.

*the bikini trimmer, hair mask and hair colour were offered to Stuff That I Bought for editorial consideration - for more details, see our disclosure policy
.

2 comments:

Shavonn said...

Wow that's a nice busy week ;P I'd love to get laser just on my thighs because I'm just to lazy to shave my whole leg haha

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Tell me about it - it's a special occasion if I go above the knee!

Related Posts with Thumbnails