Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New products you can't buy here! Horray!

The pros of going overseas: you get to find all these amazing new products that you fall in love with and can't get enough of and want more more more.

The cons of buying said products: you get home and discover they aren't available here and can't find out when they will be released so you have to carefully ration them out just in case it's months before you can buy them again!

Amongst all the other stuff I bought at Sephora and Macys and Nordstrom, I picked up two of my new favourite products. Naturally neither of them are available here yet; in fact, one of them isn't even available in the States until this Friday but the girl at the Clinique counter was so so amazing and let me buy it anyway.

If you haven't tried Covergirl Lash Blast mascara, I recommend you do. It gives really big, bold volume and doesn't dry lashes out and go crackly like some mascaras do. But sometimes, black and brown isn't enough and you want a bit of sparkle; cue Last Blast Luxe. Volumising AND shimmery! It comes in four metallic shades: Black Cabernet (red/brown), Black Royale (blue), Black Emerald (green) and Black Platinum (silver). I have been using the Black Cabernet every day and I bought my sister the Black Emerald (although I intend to steal it back). They aren't full on metallic, but a gentle hint of colour and a subtle shimmer under certain lights.

I'm also a huge fan of the Even Better range from Clinique. I use the skin tone corrector and the foundation (which has SPF 15), mainly because I have a few red spots from years of wearing glasses (metal rims + sun reflection = red sun spots around the eye area...true story) and I have found the even better range is really effective at fading them. Clinique have now put out an Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturiser with SPF 20 in it, which will be a lovely daytime cream under foundation and I can leave the hardcore serum for nighttime. If you're a fan of this range, keep an eye out at your local Clinique counters.

Price: No idea, but as soon as I find out I'll post
From: Let's assume Priceline for the Covergirl and Clinique for the, er, Clinique
Available: Could be a while...sorry
Edit: The Clinique will be available in the beginning of March 2010. Better get in line now girls!
Why you need them: To erase red spots and add a hint of shimmer to your lashes

Picture credit: covergirl.com and bloomingdales.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails