Monday, September 28, 2009

Primped VIP review - Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF

I'm a member of the Primped VIP club where I get sent a parcel every 3 months of lovely, brand new beauty products to play with and enjoy and then I have to write a review of what I liked and didn't like. Sweet deal, right?! Are you jealous? You should be. If you aren't a regular Primped visitor, you should shimmy over and keep an eye out for the next VIP club call out.

Anyway, one of the things I was sent to review is Neutrogena's new sun protection offering Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30+. Bit of a mouthful, so let's just call it Ultra Sheer for now, hey?

I'm all about sun protection. It's not an optional, it's an every day. Considering I am 26 and have some sun damage already, as do a couple of my friends, I am pretty fanatical about it now. That said, my skin is quite sensitive and doesn't react well to regular sunscreens so I use a lot of products that have an SPF in them to avoid the greasy, pore-clogging white stuff. Let's go through the pros and cons...

Pros
  • Helioplex - this is a big deal because, apparently, sunscreens without this ingredient only protect against UVB and UVA II rays. This takes it up a notch and protects against UVA I as well. High five, Helioplex!
  • It really is dry and goes on matte so you don't have that sticky, greasy sunscreen business that can be a turn off.
  • It's only $17.99, which is small fries for such a powerful product.
  • Neutrogena is a reputable and trusted brand.

Cons
  • It has a kind of strong, perfumed, sunscreen smell. Reminds me of being on holiday, but gets old when you're actually in an office all day getting a monitor tan.
  • If you put it on too thick, you look like a geisha.
  • The cap is twist off instead of flip. It's a small thing, but I'm doing a thorough review here.
As you can see more pros than cons. This is definitely a product I will be adding to my daily arsenal, but mainly for my decolletage, shoulders and arms. I have been using it when I running and on the weekend when I'm not wearing a face of slap, but when I have to wear a face of makeup to the office on a weekday, it feels a little heavy when teamed with every other thing I put on my face already.

Price: $17.99
From: Wherever you buy Neutrogena - let's assume Priceline et. al.
Why you need it: For hardcore sun protection

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails