Thursday, October 15, 2009

Forget me not with white leather

I am the most forgetful person in the world - no word of a lie. Tell me something and it will have fallen out of my head within 5 minutes. I could probably tell you about my best friend from kindergarten (Alison Cunningham, Miss Verderame's reception class, St. Mary's Memorial School Glenelg) but ask me about a meeting I had this morning and it's a blank canvas. Obviously my boss isn't a big fan of this so I try and write down every single word he says (we joke about tape recording all conversations - I swear I'm going to try it one of these days).

I also have this problem outside of work - errands, shopping lists, things I need to do, websites to check, phone calls to make etc etc. I use my phone for most things (I set alarms for everything so my phone is constantly buzzing) but if I have to write down an idea for a story or presentation or even a blog post, I need to be able to scribble quickly before it gets away. I used to carry a diary but my E71 replaced the need for that, so now I rely on a good old-fashioned notebook and pen. But not just any notebook! You should know by now that I don't do things by halves and I have the most delicious notebook you have ever seen.

I spent weeks looking for the perfect notebook and I finally stumbled across her last week in kikki.k. Our eyes met across the room and she softly beckoned; I stepped up, caressed her soft leather and we have been inseparable ever since. She's a beautiful A6 white leather notebook with a little silver stud so that I can keep her safely closed in my behemoth of a handbag. She's so lovely and crisp and clean that I didn't want to spoil her at first with my chicken scratch. It was all neat penmanship and tender page-turning for the first few days, but now she is an extension of me and it's all scrawls and random thoughts.

As an aside - if you aren't in the market for a notebook but you are in need of a diary for next year (yes, frightening) then pop into kikki.k and check their diaries before all the good ones get snapped up by uber-organised people. I have used their diaries in the past and they are excellent quality.

Price: $39.95
From: kikki.k
Why you need it: To keep all your hopes and dreams handy in case you forget them, as I often do.

PS - apparently this notebook is part of a limited edition range, so, you know, don't delay!

picture credit: kikki-k.com.au

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails