Friday, July 22, 2011

Booty Parlor - for that sexy winter flush

- by Shay

While we’re all blustering about how cold we are, how chapped our lips are and how we can’t even feel our feet I thought I’d remind you dear readers of a couple of things I love about Winter.

I’ve always loved the sound of frost under my feet; the white breath that hangs in the air in the dark, still mornings; going on a holidays to the mountains and watching the sun glistening on the snow; slippers, mittens and dressing gowns; steaming hot bowls of soup and cold nose kisses with the one I love – I adore all of these things when it’s cold outside.

Another thing I love about Winter is ruddy cheeks! That naturally flushed look that makes you look like a soft, approachable and natural beauty. Sadly it rarely gets cold enough in Brisbane to bring out the natural blush in my cheeks, so I’m always looking for a cheats method to achieve the look.

This brings me to a product I’ve been loving recently – Booty Parlour ‘Get Flushed’ lip and cheek tint.

The number one thing that stands out about this product is the packaging. The creators have really put their thinking caps on and come up with a totally portable little sphere that is super light and easy to pull out of the smallest purse to reapply as required.

Unscrew the lid and you will be presented with the softest, most delicious smelling (my nose picks up candy red apples) balm. It’s smooth to apply and literally glides over the skin. I found it a bit drying on my lips, which is to be expected with a multi-purpose product, but on the cheeks it was like silk.

The colour is intense and very buildable. I was cautious when applying as it looks so pigmented, and I was right to take it easy. I simply smiled wide, took a quick swipe of the tint on my finger and blended, blended, BLENDED to smooth the colour over the apples of my cheeks.

The end result was a beautiful flush that looked so much more natural than any powder blush I’ve ever used.

Get Flushed lasted all day on my cheeks with a little wear towards the end of the day. I recommend setting the products with a light swipe of powder (either blush in a similar colour, or your face powder to tone down some of the pigment) to keep it looking fresh all day.

On the lips, it worked almost like a stain and looked beautiful and so girl-next-door under some shiny clear lip-gloss.

So now we’re over half way through Winter isn’t it about time you started to embrace the cooler weather before it’s gone for another year? Get Flushed Lip Tint is an affordable way to bring on your inner ruddy-cheeked beauty and will make you appreciate the cold so much more.

Booty Parlor Get Flushed Sexy Lip and Cheek Tint
Price: $19.95
From: Bootyparlor.com.au (if they're out, try chemistdirect.com.au or hapsari.com.au)

For more of Shay's reviews, check out her youtube channel

This product was offered to Stuff That I Bought for editorial consideration - for more details, see our disclosure policy
.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails