Tuesday, July 12, 2011

There's an app for that? There's an app for everything! Seriously.

I will admit to not owning an iphone (I dislike writing emails on a touch screen, I prefer my Blackberry) but I do have an iTouch so that I can have all the fun of apps. Apart from the obvious favourites (Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Smack Gugl) there are a few beauty apps that are really tickling my fancy right now. Fun!


Clinique 3-Step challenge: Such an awesome idea from Clinique. You head over to a Clinique counter to pick up your sample of their famous 3-Step skin care system (cleanse, tone, moisturise), download the free app, use the fab products, and then check in with the app to win prizes. You could win a $1000 Westfield Gift Card and a 2 year supply of 3-Step just for using some free products and playing on your phone. Does this seem fricking nuts to anyone else?! You get 30ml samples, but that will last you way longer than the two weeks of the challenge.


The challenge is on until August 17, so plenty of time to get on board. But I'll be winning the Westfield Gift Card, so give up any hope now, chums!


Beautyheaven: This is a life-saver when you're trying to remember a product name or find a price on the fly. There are over 10,000 beauty prods in their database (thatsalota prods!) so chances are whatever you are searching for is there. Excellent for making price comparisons and being a savvy shopper while you're in store. Or if you're not in a store and you need to find one, it will tell you what's near you based on your location. Clever.


OPI: This one is just fun. First make sure the hand looks like your hand, and then give yourself a virtual manicure. Great if you're trying to figure out what colour goes with an outfit, or try out a colour you're not sure about. Also excellent if you're buying OPI from a non-authorised reseller and you want to make sure what you're getting is authentic (Done Out In Deco is purple fyi, not green like I saw in one dodgy store the other day). If you're not sure what I'm banging on about, check out the report I did on the OPI grey market - don't buy fake OPI people!

Price: All these apps are free
From: iTunes
Why you need them: Because you have room on your iphone for them, and room in your bathroom for the awesome Clinique products.

The Clinique products were offered to Stuff That I Bought for consideration - for more details, see our disclosure policy
.

4 comments:

Sher said...

Oh I love the OPI app its so much fun! My friend got me onto it a few months ago.

If your extra pathetic like me the Tiffany and Co engagment ring app is great and lets you design rings!

Iperiod is also great for natural contraceptive* and fertility tracking!

*not guarranteed

:D

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I LOVE iPeriod! I have found it to be pretty reliable so far.

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Omg, downloading the OPI one now. I always hesitate over nail polishes because I can't picture what they'll look like on me. This sounds so helpful!

Kimberley said...

Totally got the OPI one! It'll just be weird if I take my phone into a store where I'm checking out the app before picking up a bottle :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails