Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Current swoon: Pretty things

There is nothing nicer than some visual candy to get the inspiration juices going, no?

I get all sorts of beautiful things land on my desk, but this recent batch is a veritable cornucopia of deliciousness. (I had to look it up to be sure, but it turns out deliciousness is a real word - go figure.)


I could stare at the pearly blue of this bottle for hours. This is the latest offering from Estée Lauder - New Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator promises that it is going to reduce my uneven skintone in just four weeks. I can't comment on that yet because I have only been using it for two weeks, but so far I'm loving it. What I'm loving even more is the luxe bottle. Estée Lauder seriously knows how to make a girl feel good. Dreamy.


How cute is the little box of blotting papers that I picked up in Sephora? Not gonna lie, I mainly bought them for the bright little box (although blotting papers are always handy). Below the papers is two amazing eyeshadows from MACs recent Semi Precious collection. On the left is Mineral Mode, which gives a really faint pink pearl sheen, and on the right is Unsurpassable, a menagerie of green, blue, purple, copper and white, which gives a wash of greeny-blue over the eye, with a lick of lilac in some lights. Truly breathtaking.

Over on the right is one of the limited edition Juicy Tubes from the Awakening of Love collection by Yoyoi Kusama. The tube is frickin' adorable - bright and whimsical, with a hint of spring. The colour is Exotic Bomb, the brightest of the 6 in the collection, and on the lips it's an apple red with delicate pieces of glitter throughout. Oh hello there, sexy pout.


Check out the amazing artwork on the box from Booty Parlor. It's a beautiful sketch of a very seductive woman, and desperately makes me wish I could draw more than a stick figure (although I do a pretty mean stick figure girl in dress). This lovely powder is kissable - I dust it all over me and then Fiance gets to enjoy the flavour of Punch Drunk Pink (kind of fruity and sweet). More than sexytime though, it just looks pretty on my bedside table.

Estée Lauder - New Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
Price: $105/30ml, $150/50ml
From: Estée Lauder - on sale JULY 17

Sephora Bamboo Charcoal Blotting Papers
Price: $8US
From: Sephora

MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow - Mineral Mode and Unsurpassable
Price: $40
From: MAC

Lancome Yayoi Kusama Limited Edition Juicy Tubes - Exotic Bomb
Price: $29
From: Lancome - on sale JULY 10

Booty Parlor Dust Up Kissable Body Shimmer - Punch Drunk Pink
Price: $29.95
From: Booty Parlor

These products (except for the Sephora) were offered to Stuff That I Bought for consideration. For more details, please see our disclosure policy
.

3 comments:

Sher said...

Woooo the Estee Lauder product looks great! I've always wanted to try the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour/miracle cream or what ever its called.

I'm in need of a DEEPLY repairing hair masque and leave in conditioner recommendation please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing too pricey (don't want to pay over $50 for both) PLEASE HELP L xo

Cee said...

Where did you buy sephora stuff???

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

At Sephora - I had just been to the States when I posted this. Blotting papers are so darn hard to find here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails