Thursday, July 7, 2011

Let there be light!

I recently did this whole 'setting up a new workspace at home' thing, which was really just code for 'buy more homewares'. I love decorating, buying house junk and going to IKEA - any excuse will do. As I write this, I'm sitting on the couch flanked by 6 mismatched cushions, all purchased because I love cushions. My desk is piled high with notebooks, post-it pads and vases full of pens, and everything is tagged with brown paper tags. Anal. 

The piece de resistance of my new workspace is my Replica Ferruccio Laviani Bourgie lamp from Matt Blatt. Let's be honest, it doesn't really give off much light. It has a weak 40w lightbulb, and the fact it's red doesn't really help - it's more like mood lighting for a brothel than practical light to work by. But it looks pretty, and sometimes you need form over function. That's why my old $20 IKEA floor lamp is next to my desk.


Best hundred bux I ever spent on something so impractical.

Replica Ferruccio Laviani Bourgie lamp - available in red, black, clear, blue, orange, silver and gold.
Price: I paid $99, the website says $149, and I know someone who bought one this week and paid $79. No idea.
Why you need it: So your desk looks cool. 
.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails