Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Where do you buy your shoes? Lindsay Phillips has a surprise for you

I get all sorts of things come across the desk here at STIB HQ. Some weird, some wonderful and some very surprising. When an adorable pair of ballet flats landed I instantly fell in love - I don't wear heels and I seem to wear through my ballet flats faster than they can go out of fashion. The flats in question are by American designer Lindsay Phillips and they are black with a huge patent flower on the front.

Here's the thing - the flower pops off. It's clipped on with a press stud, and you can buy a variety of "accessories" to change your shoes up. Personally I like the flower, but you can also get studs, diamante clusters, pearls and fleur de lis designs. The shoes are so darned comfortable I have been living in them, but they don't look like it. If you're a dedicated flats wearer like me, you know that flats seem to get tired after a few months as the sole wears down and you scuff the toes. These are still fresh as a kid on Christmas morning.

This all sounds good, right? Cute flats, they wear well, super-comfortable (I wore them every day in Hawaii on my recent shopping trip - shopping for 8 hours in thongs is a no-no). They are stocked exclusively in Terry White Chemists. You could have knocked me down with a sparrows fart. The chemist is seriously the last place I would have looked for a cute pair of flats. When I think chemist, I think nanna orthotics, not leopard print flats with diamantes on the front. Sheesh!



Where do you buy your shoes? Would you ever think to look in the chemist for funky flats?

Lindsay Phillips Ballet Flats
Price: $59.95 for the shoes, $12.95 for the snaps
From: Terry White Chemists
Why you need them: everyone needs a pair of cute and comfy flats

These shoes were offered to Stuff That I Bought for consideration - for more details, see our disclosure policy
.

3 comments:

sarah said...

It would be refreshing to see a post on something that wasn't given to you for free to write about. (this is not meant to sound narky or anything, just my honest opinion).

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Thanks for your honest feedback Sarah, much appreciated. If I'm being transparent, I haven't been doing much shopping lately because my life has been flipped upside down recently (that's a whole other story though). I do get sent things for free to trial, both for my blogs and for my other writing positions, but I don't write about them unless I am totally in love with them and think they are worthy of telling you about - no cash for comment here! I try to keep Stuff That I Bought as balanced as possible (6/12 posts on the front page are things I paid for/not freebies) but I am also planning on changing the direction of STIB totally in the coming months (this will include pulling the site down for a short while - sorry!) Expect changes soon. Thanks x

Shay said...

Ooh these look so cute! I LOVE my flats (that's all I wear, thongs and ballet flats) and changing them up with clip on accessories is the best idea ever. : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails