Monday, November 16, 2009

Get your mits on this!

I test-drove a new fake tan out on the weekend. Not new as in new to market, but new to me. It had been sitting in the bathroom cupboard for a while and I decided it was time to step out of my fake tan comfort zone again and shake things up a bit. SO glad I did.

I normally use a bronzer gel on the legs and gradual tanning cream on the upper body because I am terrified of streaks and messes. It’s reasonably time consuming, but I get a result that I know I’ll be happy with. I think fake tan is one of those things you tool around with for a bit and once you find one that works for you, you buy in bulk and stick with it. Would you agree?

So I tried the Model Co Tan Self Tanning Glove. I have used Model Co Tan Airbrush In A Can before, so I figured I couldn’t go too wrong with the colour (nice and brown, no yuck orange), but I was a bit wary about the whole using it all over the body and not getting streaks business. You slip the glove on your hand and rub your legs, tum, chest, arms and back in a circular motion. It was surprisingly easy to do and I swear I did it in about a third of the time it normally takes with my two different creams! The absolute best thing about Model Co tan though is the fact that it smells like cocoa butter. It doesn’t have gross fake tan potato smell at all. Even Boyfriend approved and he is really really fussy about fake tan, to the point where he won’t come near me for about 12 hours afterwards. This time was fine though! Did I streak? No. Am I patchy? Just a little around the inner wrists and ankles, but that will hopefully fade with a shower. Plus now I know for next time. Would I recommend the tanning gloves? Absolutely.

Price: $38
From: David Jones
Why you need it: Easy to apply and you smell like cocoa butter? Big tick!

Picture credit: modelco.com.au

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails