Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tasty bubbles for all occasions

Some friends of mine moved house on the weekend (Hi Jo! Hi James!) and I popped over to inspect the new abode (two thumbs up) and managed to get lost, even though they only moved 2 streets from their old house. I also had to drop off a housewarming gift, as one does when friends move. I normally go a bottle of wine or some nice beer, but decided to mix it up this time and go for bubbles instead. I'm not normally a bubbly fan - I find it can be quite tart and sharp. Is acidic the right word? I'm not sure. Kind of like wine is regular tasty cheese, while bubbly is the extra sharp cheddar. Plus it gets me drunk way quicker.

Anyway, I picked a bottle of Perle Vintage Yellowglen because the label was pretty, and I figured Yellowglen meant it would be 'orright. I was so right, if I do say so myself. It had much more flavour than I was used to from a sparkling - you could taste all the fruit, and it was quite smooth. As I understand it, it has to do with the mixture of pinot noir, chardonnay and pinot meunier. Either way, it was easy to drink, didn't burn my mouth with sharp bubbles and the bottle was pretty enough to give as a present. This might be my new default gift.

Price: $29
From: The Bottle-O
Why you need it: For a nice sparkling that's easy to drink

Picture credit: yellowglen.com.au

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails