Monday, November 9, 2009

Sportsgirl gift madness

So I mentioned on Friday that I went a little nuts in Sportsgirl. I couldn’t help it though! They have just brought out their new gift range, meant of course to give as Christmas gifts since we are coming into the biggest consumer period of the year, but it was all gifts for me. Because I’m worth it.

First thing I picked up was the LOVE mirror. Why? I have a real soft spot for the Robert Indiana LOVE pop art sculpture and have been hunting for one of the original 1964 Christmas cards that the image was created for. I’m not sure where I’m going to put it (at the time I seemed to think I knew, but I’ll be buggered if I can remember) but that doesn’t matter! I’ll find somewhere, just give me time.

I also grabbed a jewellery rack. One of the lovely Sportsgirl girls told me that they had sold over 60 of them since they got them in the previous day and that I was purchasing the last one. Kismet – I was meant to have that jewellery rack. Or at least that’s what I told Boyfriend when he asked why I bought a jewellery rack.

Last thing I picked up was probably the most frivolous (and after reading what else I bought, you must really think I’m nuts) – DIY calippo containers aka Freeze and Squeeze icy pole tubes. Yellow and pink silicone moulds that you fill, freeze and enjoy. As an ‘I learnt this the hard way’ lesson – the packaging says “fill with your favourite fruit juice”, which I thought was the packaging’s way of encouraging me to be healthy. Wrongo. Turns out if you use soft drink and then put the lid on the top, the bubbles in the soft drink push the lid back off. Anyone who did science in year 7 would probably have realised that, but I didn’t have any juice in the house and got a little over-excited. Meanwhile, it took some patience but I got some raspberry soft drink frozen so yay for me!

Two very enthusiastic thumbs up for Sportsgirls gift offerings. I’ll be heading back to stock up for other people for Christmas.

Price: LOVE mirror - $14.95; jewellery rack - $19.95; freeze and squeeze - $9.95
From: Sportsgirl
Why you need them: Christmas is coming... (ps - boys take note. If you get a girl in the office secret santa, just head straight to the gift table in the front of your local Sportgirl)

Picture credit: moi. Edited with Poladroid.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Those icy pole making things seriously had me considering spending my last tenner until pay-day. Glad I didn't now - FRUIT JUICE? Bahhhhh. I wouldn't have known either, but I hated science.

Julie said...

Love, love Sportsgirl too!

eskimojo said...

I only just discovered the SG accessories store in the bottom of the QVB - lots of awesome stuff there!

Have recently picked up a braided leather headband (stretchy so I don't get a headache!), a cute set of silver/black bangles and a simple black clutch, and I'm pretty sure I didn't spend more than $40!

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Natalie - I very carefully placed them upright in the freezer with a paper towel blanket just in case and they worked a treat with the raspberry softdrink! Next time I'm just going to use cordial to be safe though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails