Thursday, November 19, 2009

Outfit yourself; look urban

I know I have said this before, but there is nothing greater than receiving a parcel in the post. When you order clothes online though, it is a whole different type of anticipation – excitement mixed in with fear of things not fitting. This feeling is amplified times 100 when you order from the States or the UK and you a) pay a fortune for shipping and b) can’t return it if it isn’t right. This was me last week. I had been lusting over a blazer from Urban Outfitters for weeks and for once in my life I was very restrained and didn’t just rush into the purchase. I must have been sick or something. Two weeks and many page impressions later, I put the credit card details in (and added a few extra things to the cart since I was already paying for shipping) and then...the wait.

Most importantly - thank goodness everything fit!!! I bought the most kick-ass camel Silence & Noise Open Front Blazer, which is going to be one of my summer go-to’s. It has a lovely almost-boyfriend shape to it, and is a versatile colour (even though I am still figuring out what it goes with). I also bought a Silence & Noise Little Brother Blazer in a bright cobalt blue. I have black and navy blazers already so thought I would go for a pop of colour in a fitted, cropped style.
I must have been having a blue moment because I also bought a BDG hammered silk tee in electric blue (or thames blue, as they call it) which creases really really easily. Darn silk. And I bought something else neon blue, but I won’t tell you about it in case it ends up in my sister’s Christmas stocking.

One of the best things about ordering from Urban Outfitters, apart from the super-fast international shipping, is the fact they are so conscious about security. They verify the card on each and every order, either with your bank or with you personally (it involves scanning your drivers license and most recent bill). I give this two very enthusiastic thumbs up because it demonstrates that they care about their customers security, and that can only be a good thing.

Price: They always have stuff on sale – tops starting from US$10 going up to US$100+ for jackets (my camel blazer was US$78) – shipping is US$70
From: Urban Outfitters
Why you need to check out their online store: For cool fashion that you can’t get here!

Picture credit: urbanoutfitters.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails