Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I took my love down to Violet Hill - he said it smelled nice

I have said it before and I’ll say it again – boys like nice smelling hair. It’s a proven fact. Find me a boy who doesn’t like nice smelling hair and I’ll show you a boy with busted nostrils.

Herbal Essences clearly knows this and has done the boys of the world a favour again with their new Tousle Me Softly collection. Slick purple packaging houses a gorgeous range with wild violet fragrance (so yum), plus the 'in-shower' products also have splashes of pomegranate. Pom is obviously the current fragrance du jour, with a seemingly endless parade of brands producing body washes, creams, shampoos and candles scented with the scrumptious fruit. Suits me, I’m a pomegranate fan (the seeds are excellent over slow cooked lamb, and that is completely unrelated to what we are talking about).

There are five prodz in this range – shampoo, conditioner, mousse, hairspray and spray gel. Honestly, I think mousse is such an underrated hair product, and the Tousle Me Softly mousse is ‘level 1’ (out of 3), which means it’s soft and creates movement, not like the old-school crunchy mousse your mum used in the 80s to get that big standy-uppy hairstyle she liked to rock (Mum, I’m looking at you). I have been using a handful on damp hair; I scrunch it up and then dry it on low heat to create soft waves with lots of movement. Finish with a spritz of the hairspray for a bit of hold and shine – the hairspray bottle doesn’t say it gives shine, but I found that to be a bonus side effect. Easy peasy and looks like way more effort than it is. Exactly how I like my hairstyles. 

Price: Hair spray - $6.99, Mousse - $6.99, Shampoo & Conditioner - $5.99 each, Spray Gel - $6.99 (such low prices for such pretty prodz)
From: The supermarket
Why you need it: For nice smelling, softly tousled hair. Next time your boy is nuzzling your hair and being all cute, just think of me ;)

These products were offered to me for consideration
.

2 comments:

ste60 said...

i might just try these next time, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely! Although I got a little sad reading this, I chopped off all my hair this morning, and I just tried to pull a bit of hair to sniff it to see if it was smelling lovely, and it wouldn't even reach my nose. :( haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails