Friday, October 29, 2010

Hot pants and blogger/PR talk on a Friday

I feel like I should provide some feedback on the PR/Blogger Meet Up that happened on Tuesday night. But first, I want to talk about the awesome pants I wore. So awesome.

It is insane how many compliments I got on my pants. They really are gorgeous though. The label is I Am and I got them from a local boutique called That Shop Everyone Talks About. They stock lots of local emerging designers and always have interesting pieces and cool jewellery (there is a knuckle duster ring I have my eye on). Anyway, as everyone keeps telling me, printed pants are in and these have a really flattering cut so I’m feeling pretty proud of myself right now.

Price: $100
From: That Shop everyone Talks About – 652 Bourke St Surry Hills

As for the PR/Blogger event, it went really well. Speaking in front of 100+ people is incredibly nerve-wracking and I was sweating like a pumpkin on Halloween beforehand. The feedback was all really positive though, and hopefully we gave all the beauty and fashion PRs a bit of insight into why we blog and how to best communicate with bloggers.

If you’re a blogger, I highly recommend you jump on over to iBlogFashion.com and download the first issue of iBlogBeauty – it’s worth reading through my article on what PRs think because there are lots of great insights from some of Sydney’s leading beauty PRs. And if you’re a newbie to the beauty blogging scene, my inbox is always open if you have any questions! Our community isn’t regulated like it is in the States, so it’s up to us to self-regulate with disclosure and honesty policies. Being recognised as a serious and credible medium is an uphill battle, but if we all work together and sing from the same songbook (preferably something with 80s power ballads in it, cos I like belting a good 80sPB) then it benefits everyone.

Whoa. Too much serious business for a Friday. We need to break this up with some light relief. I have just the thing...

Have a good weekend!! And Happy Halloween if you're that way inclined.


Picture credit: Huge thank you to the incredible Hayley of www.fashionhayley.com for the event picture. The other one was taken by some random Disneyland staffer, who I guess I should say thank you to as well.

.

3 comments:

miss chew said...

Your pants really were amazing! I think I will have to check the shop out! Loves it!
Great talk at the meet as well, there should def be another one!
x

Miss_sher said...

Shopping at small independent shops is what I miss the most about living in the city! So many cute little places with stuff you cant find anywhere else.

Those pants are HOT! I also love the shoes too..

Camilla said...

This event was so fabulous! I went home with my 4 pages of notes and studied attentively!

Thanks for the note on the store... im actually off there in my lunch break!! There where so many style crushes at that event. Loved the girl in the leopard pants too... im on the hunt for new statement harems if you know of any secret hot spots :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails