Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Time to get inspired

One of the most wonderful things about celebrating our engagement was all the beautiful cards we got from family and friends. Sweet and genuine messages of love and support that made my heart swell and even brought a tear to my eye. I'm a huge believer in writing sentimental messages on cards and I love when other people do the same for me (us).

I can't leave the cards up in the loungeroom forever (as much as I would like to), but I wanted to have a constant reminder of that special time and all the important people in our lives. Inspiration wall.

I'm forever gathering photos, images and bits & pieces to pin onto my inspiration board, but I figured why not turn a whole wall into one giant bastion of inspiration. Fun, right? The wall between my bedroom door and my bathroom is now a mix of engagement cards, photos, fashion images and other random cool stuff. Everytime I look at it, I smile.

The frames came from Ikea and Target, the lettering and giant pegs from Typo, and the bulldog clips from Officeworks - all stuff I had at home that just happened to be perfect.

Ikea - $2.99 for pack of two small frames, $3.99 for larger frame (all Nyttja range) - the quad frame is actually the inner from a bigger Ikea frame.
Target - $9.99 for two thin black frames (glass and backing discarded)
Typo - $2.95 for giant wooden pegs, letters $4.95 each or 3 for $10
Officeworks - no idea how much the bulldog clips are (I bought these ages ago)

3 comments:

Julia said...

Hey Elise!
Just wanted to drop you a line and say I think you're blog is fab! And when I read this one, I thought I'd add my own 2 cents worth if any of your readers are interested in another idea to create an interchangeable feature wall of stuff they love! I wallpapered one wall in my lounge room, and three walls in my small dining room, with 'Frames' by Graham and Brown. It look awesome (I think) and I love that I can keep my photo gallery updated and fresh with constant new (or old) photos! I love taking photos, guess that comes with having two cute kids to photograph constantly....although I admit I may be closer to the 'obsession' end of the scale with my desperate need to capture every kodak moment!!

Here's a link to the website I bought the wallpaper from if anyone is interested: (I've got a couple of piccies of my photowall too, can I upload them to your blog?)
http://www.urbanbaby.com.au/ecomm5000.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/UrbanBaby/Products/GBW-F

Enjoying your page Elise, love to you and the family!
J

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment Ju. I have seen your amazing wallpaper in some of your facebook pics and always wondered where it came from - such a cool idea! Once we eventually buy a place I'll be investing in this wallpaper for sure. I'll chat to you on facebook and grab some pics from you to post up xx

Unknown said...

Great idea! I actually tried doing an inspiration cupboard!

Related Posts with Thumbnails