Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My brownie recipe, via Honey Honey

Are you on the Honey Honey mailing list? No? Well then, you missed out last Friday. I was waxing lyrical about bags and brownies and manicures and music in their weekly newsletter.



One of the things I talked about was my go-to comfort food – magical chocolate brownies that I make myself. Toot toot, these babies are amazing. I have been using the same recipe for years and it never ever lets me down. I had a few requests on twitter to share, so here it is.

200g butter
½ cup cocoa
2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon imitation vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
2 eggs

  1. Preheat oven to 180c. Grease a 20x30cm tin.
  2. Put butter and cocoa in a large pan. Melt gently over very low heat (careful not to boil it!)
  3. Add sugar and vanilla. Stir really well.
  4. Remove pan from heat. Sift in the flour. Stir.
  5. Add eggs. Beat mixture well.
  6. Spread evenly in tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I occasionally add chopped up white chocolate into the mixture while I’m pouring it into the pan, just in case I want to turn a sweet treat into a super sweet treat (not advised for diabetics – this is coma-inducing). You can also add walnuts or hazelnuts for extra crunch. Serve them hot with ice cream or let them cool just a bit and eat them when they’re all fudgy and chewy.

Thanks to the Honey Honey girls for having me! I'll tell you about my recent HH purchase soon.

.

1 comment:

♥akisa♥ said...

Wow, congrats on being featured on the HH newsletters!!

I have a habit of deleting newsletters before reading if I want to prevent the urge to splurge... so I did miss it.

Love your profile pic, I must get a professional one done some day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails