Monday, August 9, 2010

Try a keratin treatment in your own shower

For the last few months we have been hearing about how awesome keratin treatments are for hair. How could you not love a treatment that smooths your hair, leaves it shiny and means you cut your blow-drying time in half?! Regular commenter Miss Sher had it done a few weeks ago and, while not properly showering for 72 hours was a challenge, she said the results were well worth it because it only takes her a few minutes to blow dry now and it’s perfectly straight with no iron. Darn her!

I would love to have it done, but unless someone wants to pay the bill (someone? anyone? no?) then I will just have to deal with my frizzies and flyways. BUT the good kids at Brazilian Tech Keratin have brought out a range of haircare prods with keratin in it that has given me a taste of the keratin goodness.

Brazilian Tech Keratin works to replenish your hair’s natural keratin supplies that have worn away over time, and repair structural damage, shine and increase moisture and smoothness. I have been using these products (shampoo, conditioner and treatment) for just over a month now and I have noticed a 42% reduction* in frizzy bits, a 56% increase in shine* and a 31% increase in me making up my own stats. BONUS: the whole range smells really good – think coconut and pineapple, like Batiste tropical dry shampoo. My one gripe? The double cap on the shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo and conditioner don’t need two lids! I will happily admit I am alone in this gripe though, because it has been pointed out to me that the double lid is perfect for travelling. Makes sense - I'll be converted yet!

Price: $19.95 for each member of the trio
From: http://www.i-glamour.com/ and selected salons
Why you need it: To get a taste for the smooth and shiny goodness that keratin can offer.

*scientifically proven in my imagination

These products were supplied to me for consideration

1 comment:

Anita said...

Ohhh these look lovely!! I've had someone at work tell me I should be doing the Keratin Treatment (she owns a salon) but like you I can't justify the $$'s just yet! This seems like such a good alternative :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails