Friday, January 29, 2010

5N5D - Day Five

Thursday = another dull day in the office, with a trip to the gym thrown in for good measure.

Today’s nails were Meet Me On The Star Ferry – the metallic violet colour I said I wasn’t so sure about earlier in the week. When I first painted it on I had two thoughts: 1 – it felt like a night time, going out polish and 2 – if I had to describe my friend Amy in a nail polish colour (for some really odd reason), this would be it. The colour is a violet shimmer with a plum/brown base. It’s a really unusual colour, with micro flecks of blue, green and red that the photo below has sort of captured. I can’t decide if I like it or not, but as Kat pointed out to me today, I have just had 5 different colours on my nails in 5 days and I could be colour-weary.

Outfit: Black tee, sand silk balloon pants and the excellent bangle stack my sister bought me year before last.

Ease of matching nails to outfit: Pretty easy. As long as you stick with darks and/or neutrals you should be sweet. Probably wouldn’t match your fluoro green day-glo mini-dress, but if that’s what you’re wearing then we need to talk.

Number of compliments: 4 (I count Kat’s compliment as 2 since it was very enthusiastic)

Likelyhood to wear again: 4/5. I am starting to come around to this colour and I will definitely give it another go in the near future. In fact, now that 5 nails in 5 days is over, I might just leave this on for a few more days.

With flash

Without flash

As with the gold, you can see there is a bit of a difference under different lights - the flash picks up more of the micro flecks.

-----------

So that's the last of 5 Nails in 5 Days. All of the colours I tried are from the OPI Hong Kong Collection, which hits counters next week ($19.95/bottle). My favourite is definitely the blue, but it was really cool to step outside my usual colour palette and try some new and different shades. I went through a lot of cotton pads and nail polish remover, but, all things considered, my cuticles are still in reasonable condition (thank you, OPI Avoplex cuticle oil).

What do you think? Did you enjoy sharing my colour journey? Do you have some fashion tips you can offer? Are you going for Tsonga or Federer?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, if I were to pick a colour, that would be it! LOVE the colour.....although I don't remember it looking so light.

Anonymous said...

The above comment was made by Amy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails