Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jurlique fruity goodness

I have talked about Kate Somerville’s wonderful fruit Exfolikate enzyme scrub before – it’s a staple in my beauty routine but it is a) not available in Australia and b) pretty expensive, so I was thrilled to bits to find out Jurlique have brought out their own Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator. Being a very lucky beauty blogger, the girls at Jurlique sent me one over to try so I could see how it matches up to my old faithful.

The ExfoliKate is a granular paste; Jurlique is a liquid. It is easier to rub the paste on because you can feel where it is going, but since you press the liquid in, it is less stressful on skin than rubbing.

ExfoliKate is in a tub with a press down distributor (which I feel often gives me just a bit too much); Jurlique is in a classic frosted glass bottle with pump on the top for easy access.

Once both are on you can feel the fruit enzymes working their magic, with mild tingling a sure sign that all those dead skin cells are being washed away. The result is the also the same – fresh, luminous skin. Bonus: this means anything you apply to skin afterwards is going to be more effective.

It comes down to personal preference of paste vs liquid, but the Jurlique one has a few advantages in my opinion:
• It smells amazing – this would be the desert lime, quandong and wattle.
• It’s certified biodynamic
• It’s Australian made – support local industry, mate
• It’s ridiculously cheap for what it is (I seriously was anticipating $75+ for this baby; not so)
• It’s locally available i.e. I don’t have to fly to Hawaii to restock. Hmmm...on second thought...

I am normally quite sensitive to most exfoliators, but my skin definitely appreciated this one and I enjoyed using it. Two thumbs up; would recommend. Just remember that anytime you use a product like this with natural alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) in it, that you must be even more diligent with your sunscreen. Not that you’re not already, I know, but I’m just sayin’.

Price: $50
From: Jurlique stores, Jurlique online, Myer, David Jones
Why you need it: To scrub away those old layers and reveal some new skin. Also, to unclog your skin from all that sunscreen you have been wearing. It hit counters yesterday, so hurry on down!

Picture credit: jurlique.com.au

1 comment:

Shaybear said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I've been on the lookout for a new gentle exfoliator/ toner for the past month or so, and this looks to be the goods. Can't wait to try it!

The one I was using (by USkincare) is hard to get here in Brisbane (read: impossible). It included a toner and exfoliant - how does Jurlique stack up against that? Will I have to start using a separate toner?

Related Posts with Thumbnails